World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, been fishing porthcawl lately (i live near pontypridd) so on my way down i pick up my ragworm from keans aberkenfig. thinking of going to penarth soon and i want to know where's the nearest place to pick up rag as going to aberkenfig will be a bit out of my way. and ideas?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The closest tackle shop to Penarth is Angling Supplies on Penarth road. You follow Penarth road toward Cardiff and Angling Supplies is on the left hand side next door to a pine furniture shop, about 100 yards after you pass halfords . They're closed on a Sunday.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
bowens right thats your nearest, there are a few in cardiff. or a couple in barry. anglers supplies penarth road 02920 220723. or ely angling which is easy to find bottom of western avenue last roundabout, turn left on2 cowbridge rd east about 50 yds on left,and he may be the easiest for u actually, 02920 555133.4got to say ely angling open sundays till 12.......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just been down porthcawl thismorning and caught 5 of the smallest whiting you'll ever see so i think penarth is next

cheers guys

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I havn't been there yet but one of the boys told me there is a tackle an bait shop in Cilfynydd cant remember the name though.

I been told it is on an industrial estate by the rugby field.

Not 100% though

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there used o be a little shop in ponty market but thats gone, if theres one in cilfynydd im on a tackle shop hunt!!!!!!!

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I asked about today and it is called Cliff Harvey's and it is on the Albion ind est in Cilfynydd. Take the left turning into Coedylan school and then a right onto the estate.
As I said I havn't been there yet but it is probably woth a look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts