World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all does anyone have a fitted underdeck fuel tank on a raider 18 if so was it DIY or factory fitted?
and how much space is under the deck to fit a fuel tank?:)

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
hello all does anyone have a fitted underdeck fuel tank on a raider 18 if so was it DIY or factory fitted?
and how much space is under the deck to fit a fuel tank?:)
John Raider has a 135l fitted, think he fitted it himself give him a pm.

headlight

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
John Raider has a 135l fitted, think he fitted it himself give him a pm.

headlight
hi... i think chris would be intrested in how much under deck space there is............could i do this on my picton headllight,...?

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
hi... i think chris would be intrested in how much under deck space there is............could i do this on my picton headllight,...?
If Chris has the same deck layout as me he could put a fuel tank in the bilge.
Mine would take 135l tank without affecting my transducer or bilge pumps as I did consider it.
No idea what the layout is under your deck I"m afraid Andy.

headlight

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
If Chris has the same deck layout as me he could put a fuel tank in the bilge.
Mine would take 135l tank without affecing my transducer or bilge pumps as I did consider it.
No idea what the layout is under your deck I"m afraid Andy.

headlight
hi..many thanks mate......i have a central keel beam under the deck..so i guess it would have to be two..one each side....thinking on it maybe il stick to the twin red ones each side of the transom...cheers mate..andy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I did not measure the size of the fuel tank under mine,but would easily have held over 100lts of fuel,I thought of taking it out and dropping the floor giving me more room in the cabin,as I will only use the cabin for shelter,dropping the anchor and makin a cup of tea,decided to leave it in. I sealed all the hoses with silicone and left it in for bouyancy. I have since glassed over all the inspection holes and have a new non slip floor. I am going to use the old seat cushions as templates and make some new ones. I to, have decided on two 30lts tanks at the back of the boat under the transom well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info gents ,doesn't look like theres much space to play with under the deck so sticking with what i've got cheers:clap3::clap3::clap3:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts