World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new member here needing some advice.

I've just purchased a second hand Raider 18 wheelhouse.
Today, whilst trying to get insurance sorted out they have asked me for a HIN number.
I've googled this to be a Hull Identification Number but I cannot find it on the boat.
Any advice as to where I should be looking? Or anyone else with the same boat that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Usually on the transom on most boats, either moulded in or a plate fixed to the transom.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have the same boat mate but never seen (or been asked for) a HIN. I'm popping down the boat tomorrow so will have a look.

I got my insurance through Porthcawl and they never needed one.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
It should be moulded in to the fibre glass just under the rubber rubbing strake at the stern.
On mine it is on the port side of the outboard.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
I have the same boat mate but never seen (or been asked for) a HIN. I'm popping down the boat tomorrow so will have a look.

I got my insurance through Porthcawl and they never needed one.
"I'm popping down the boat tomorrow so will have a look."

You"ll get cold & wet then because you will have to get in the water to see it Andy :p:p:p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had a look with a torch right across the transom but there is nothing visible. I will check tomorrow in daylight but it's not looking hopeful. What year is your Raider Headlight?
Mine is a 2001 model

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Mine is 2001.
If your boat is on a trailer you will need to get on your knees to see the HIN, it is just under the rubber & you need to look up to see it, it is quite small.
It is in the same place on my mates 2002 boat & another 1999 boat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Headlight.
Any chance of a photo?
There is some green algae around the rubber so it might be under there.
I will check it out tomorrow.
Cheers

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Sorry but my boat is in a marina so no chance of a photo.
The HIN is tight up under the rubber & if you have a bit of green it may well obscure it but that is where they normally are on the UK built Wheelhouses.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have give it a bit of a clean but there is nothing that looks like a number there. Is this where it's meant to be?

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Yes that is where I am used to seeing the HIN & thought from your original pic that I could just make it out. Have you tried looking in the same place on the other side of the outboard ?
Do you know what year your boat is ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, the other side is the same
I was told it was a 2001 boat.
What year did they start putting HIN numbers in them?
Or what year did they start selling these, is it possibly an older one?

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think they started HIN numbers in 1997, mine is 2001.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yes, the other side is the same
I was told it was a 2001 boat.
What year did they start putting HIN numbers in them?
Or what year did they start selling these, is it possibly an older one?
hi m8, my raider w/house has no HIM number either as i discovered a few years back, serched high an low on this as i
needed to know when she was made, i ended up getting intouch with the guy who owned it and he said he bought it in 1995,
he said he had a test run in a proto with dave baxter and was impressed so he ordered one that day, it was the second raider
out the mold. so i do believe the early raiders didnt have them, how late they had the HIMs i dont know. the early raiders were hand made too so this may give you some indication if its a oldie,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many thanks Peninsula
It was sold to me as a 2001 boat and engine however when I searched the serial number of the engine it is a 1998 model. This may be a clue it is an older boat. How would I be able to tell if it was hand made? I am not too bothered as she is in very good order, just need a serial number for the insurance. Might have to data tag it or engrave my own into it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
hi motorpike, could deff be a older raider, could be 1998 model, fitted with new engine,,,,or 2001 with older engine?
could go either way, you can tell these old raiders are hand built, you can see in the in the cuddy the sheets of fiba used ,
very visual , however these early raiders are built like a lil tank . must say looking at the pics looks deff like a 90,s raider,
yea tag it m8 its yours.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts