World Sea Fishing Forums banner

What should I put on the windows?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen

I was wondering if any0ne could advise me on a product that might help make the rain run off the plastic windows of my boat, which is a Warrior 175 Export? I have tried Rain X Anti Fog but that didn't seem to work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rod

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
RainX anti fog is for the insides of windscreens. For outside use you need RainX rain repellant (I use this on the rear window of my car - the manufacturer didn't see fit to supply a rear wiper!) for your Warrior RainX plastic would probably be the best product.

·
Registered
11,587 Posts
Thanks - I'll try that - more concerned about sea spray than rain though - the breeze is always there from the forward motion of the boat.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking the same. Once I get within a few hundred metres of the chain ferry my windows are covered in spray and I can't see out so it's stand up or die. Rain isn't such a problem really as it tends to fall down more naturally.

I received replies from two companies, AngelwaxH20GO and FUSSO, and both say their products are suitable for glass windows. I might try one or the other. FUSSO did say that due to the chemical bond it doesn't last as long on plastic.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
As Brian said, warrior windows are not normally glass Rain X will damage the plastic and your windows will be permanently damaged. They say a cut potato rubbed over the screen works well, not tried myself but a number have mentioned it, cheap too.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As Brian said, warrior windows are not normally glass Rain X will damage the plastic and your windows will be permanently damaged. They say a cut potato rubbed over the screen works well, not tried myself but a number have mentioned it, cheap too.
That's contrary to what Phil at Warrior said. Potato sounds fun though and definitely cheaper....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Back in my misspent yoof, we always used to polish our helmet visors with neat washing up liquid. It doesn't repel water but stops it forming droplets and just films across so you can still see through clearly.
A bit of a daily chore to re-apply but it works well.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
used to fish with a charter skipper and he used to give his windows a good scrub over with newspaper. that was on glass so don't know if it works on plastic

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've always used "Turtle Wax Professional". It works a treat.
Dare I say that any of the modern "easy on/off" waxes should work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts