World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a silly session at 3 am down to splash point this morning,twas a bit blowy and sporadic light rain ,enough of the weather for now and on to the fishing, two rods some lug and herring one short ,one huzzed out at distance.
After a succession of pins the short rod did a familiar bounce and all went slack , i frantically reeled in and was rewarded with my first bass of the season, handsome little fellow of about 35 cm which i put back, not before rendering a short and truly awful version of the englebert humperdink classic "please release me".
By this time the rain had worsened and didnt look like abating so i decided to head for home a now perilous journey on a pushbike as the council in their infinite wisdom have decided to switch off the streetlights at night and the roads in brightlingsea look like they have been used for target practice by an army howitzer.
bon chance mes amis

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Sounds a suicidal quest CTW cycling at 3am. I too am on my first foray for bass tomorrow but my journey is even more perilous....circumventing the lakeside traffic during the school holidays! Not the best of tides but a mans gotta do.

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You want to try diving around here. :thumbdown

there will be no diving around here :)

Nice one mate we are all hoping for our first bass very soon
wont be long steve with the warmer weather.

Sounds a suicidal quest CTW cycling at 3am. I too am on my first foray for bass tomorrow but my journey is even more perilous....circumventing the lakeside traffic during the school holidays! Not the best of tides but a mans gotta do.
never get in between a woman and shopping miz.:slap:

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well done Whittler. I'll be trying for a roker this week. First session this year !
i suspect you will winkle out a couple yer bugger,would like to go but i have a most hideous 50 th birthday party to go to,kind of shameless meets jerry springer:boxing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts