World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some general advice for fishing Rainham marshes. Am i right in thinking that you park near the bird watching place or is there somewhere better to park. (only been along there by push bike so far)
I am more of a course fisherman but have done quite a bit of sea fishing at st lawrence bay for the bass although there is not much tide flow there and have just used an old pike rod and running rigs to catch the bass on rag worm. Although i do own a cheap set of beech casters and reels along with uptide rod and reel.
So what i really am after is a bit of advice on rigs and bait etc. Also where is the best place to buy bait from. I live in Dagenham.
I have always bought my bait from froggys in latchindon but that is a bit far to go now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi i fish light beach rods or bass rod dont think your pike rod will do it as u can get a strong tide there.
I park down coldharbour lane there a little car park on the bend. 2 hook flappers work but i prefer running rigs cos i found u get more flatties that style as for bait.theres a nice fella on here comes from grays ian aka the baitman his worms are good ask on here and somone will pm u his number ive bloody lost it so if u get it pm me. Failing that ochendon tackle is ok but would be my second choice hope this helps.
Tight lines
Cm.......

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi mate, had my first bash at Rainham Marshes 2 weeks ago, the only bait I has was some old frozen black lug and a bit of squid. Fished 2 hook flappers with size 2 hooks, half a black lug with a bit of elastic cotton, tipped off with a sliver of squid. Had 4 decent flounders.....no doubt I would have caught more with fresh lug, but there are plenty of bites to be had there no matter what bait you use :) 4oz will do you fine :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Rainham marshes can fish quite well. For fresh bait, check out Baitman on this forum who is not too far off.

You cna only fish 2 hours before and after high tide, unless you want to walk across the mud and probably sink right in if you weigh more than 7 stone.

Park in the Coldharbour Lane Car park and walk west towards London and after a few hundred yards you will find a grassy area sticking out into the river a bit - and its about 50 yards long. Best to use quite heavy weights over 4-5 oz and they hook themseleves with the larger weight. If you try a lighter weight, hookups tend to fail if you use larger hooks or smaller weights. Its also best to use smallish hooks about size 2.

Don't think you have to cast vast distances. Try casting about 80 yards out and you can get flatties like flounder in the winter and sole in the smmer - and also try pulling the bait back to where the rocks starts which is only 10-20 yards out and you can find bass and eels.

·
Registered
142 Posts
No m8 go down coldharbour lane through the security barrier just say to the bloke your fishing he should let you in then all the way down til road bends right the car park is there with two massive blocks of concreat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts