World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im over in Penarth next week (for my 1st trip this season) - gonna fish the barrage & catch all yer bass !

Im allowed to get excited cos I live hundreds of miles from the sea :clap2:

Any idea what time they let you on the barrage at the moment?

Have they introduced a permit yet?

Cheers guys :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im over in Penarth next week (for my 1st trip this season) - gonna fish the barrage & catch all yer bass !

Im allowed to get excited cos I live hundreds of miles from the sea :clap2:

Any idea what time they let you on the barrage at the moment?

Have they introduced a permit yet?

Cheers guys :)
Bit early for bass m8, I think its open 8am to 6pm this time of year, and no permit required yet.

Best of luck

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Havent heard of any bass coming off there yet jut pin whiting silver eels and flounder, give it another month or so mate, but remember not to try and drop your baits through the netting like some numpties have done, their evidence is still on it!! God knows how they expected to get any fish bigger than 5ozs through the netting though:g: :g: :g:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers boys - forgot theres no bass (caught em all last year lol)

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting that with the shad - I know people caught on shad last year before they banned fishing on the shorter arm where the fish stairs are - on two occasions at low tide Ive seen the bass chase bait fish up the edges of the mudbank about halfway down - I will probably be trying live shrimp / prawn on float & lead........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Havent heard of any bass coming off there yet jut pin whiting silver eels and flounder, give it another month or so mate, but remember not to try and drop your baits through the netting like some numpties have done, their evidence is still on it!! God knows how they expected to get any fish bigger than 5ozs through the netting though:g: :g: :g:
I fished the barrage last Monday and Wenesday, caught small whiting biggest 3/4 lb and two small flatties , plenty of knocks and left contented, roll on summer.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts