World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone offer advice as to the best tides and weather conditions to fish the Rame Head area. I'm relatively new to this and need all the help that I can get. Got some holidays coming up and want to spend a good bit off it around that area.

Cheers

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hi HCK and welcome to the site.

MODS - please move this to the SW Section for better coverage.

Rame itself fishes over high and you will catch mackerel, gar, pollack and wrasse over high - neaps or springs.

Rame itself is actually pretty steep in places and only really accessible after there has been a sustained period of dry weather. I ventured that way a few weeks back and wouldn't do it again in a hurry as the ground is thick with bracken and gorse.

You would be better off fishing queener point, which has better access, although still steep!

Try a search - there have been a few reports from that area.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
940 Posts
No worries.

Not fished Penlee yet. If you park where you are allowed to park it is a bit of a yomp. A few marks that will be obvious if you get down there - Wrasse, Pollack, Mackerel, Gar and the chance of a Bass. Rag, Lug Crab (Peeler or hardbacks) will find you the wrasse. Mackerel strip under a float will find you the mackerel and gar. Sandeel will find the pollack.

Not fished Whitsands yet wither - I must do that. The cliff path puts me off though!! Several spots along the stretch of beach - good for Bass. Lug and crab for the bass. Sandeel for Ray.

Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts