World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to fish the Ranny later couple of hrs up to high and a couple of hrs back high is about 5.30 Wish me luk as i blanked last time. I,ll post a report later .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i wish you luk m8. i cant go cos the women are bingoin tonite, will give u a shout when i got a day off. let us no how u get on ok. av a good one?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i agree ja5on but the worse thing is, i gotta give her the money to go, i would rather be at the ranny with lunk?"""""""""""""but have you ever been beaten up by a woman? it,s not nice"""""""""""?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah poach i,ll tell you something your missis wont IT<S CHEAPER ON A TUESDAY dont ask me how i know causes i blanked there last week lol shhhhhhhh

one more thing is it not FATHERS DAY TODAY c,mon poach who,s the daddy in your hoose.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Just put your foot down Poach I wear the trousers in my relationship. As I say to 'er indoors 'if you don't let me go fishing I won't do the washing up...........or the cleaning...............or the cooking..................or the laundry............or' um I think I'll shut up now - see you down the Mecca, Teusday you say hmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right 2 1/2 hrs up 2 1/2hrs down 2 rods and not a nibble. Only used macky but thats no excuse, thats me on three blanks so i wont be going FIshing ever again

( UNTIL THE NEXT TIME) that is.........

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hi all,
forgive me for asking, where is the ranny and what sort of venue is it. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Russkyz What marks you been fishing as i need to do somthing soon or i,ll be puddle chucking (course fishing) next time, just so i dont blank.

hi Radiokaos The ranny is based in penarth off Lavernock rd one turn off is toward Marconi/lavernock point on on the beach go left for about 200yrds its thick weed then you got rough-ish ground but no need for rotten bottom there is another way which we use but i,m hoping poacher or somone else can help you with those as i cant remember the street name you turn into I know its terrible as i live round here. Any way i,d stay clear of it till it picks up a bit, normally conger, bass & mullet in summer not alot as yet thow.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Thank you lunker for your sound advice. i have been fishing since i was 6 but dont seem to go many places. I used to fish knab Rock (Mumbles Prom) because it was convenient( i didnt have to walk far- slight disability hinders my walking) and the west pier on Swansea, but now thinking of going further afield. Have been to jacksons bay and Aberthaw west with Pobolycwm (my Bro) a few time , and i have also been fishing on Porthcawl Pier , however every time i fish Porthcawl i blank.
Any way i am hoping to join everyone at Monknash in july, so hopefully i can pick up some advice and tips about other areas around us. :D

P

·
0 Posts
u will be there if the woman allows

me i will be there if i aint mountainbiking

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
My FPO is a pushover bro, no problem(ps i am glad she cant use puter).
You and i WILL be there. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to help Radio i only wish could help you with that street name , but i,m sure some local sewer user will post soon and help me out with that street name. And i,m sure you will definetly get some tips on marks and lot more at the Monknash eyeball.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
sorry guys didnt remember to post it. i will look it up as soon as i can,think its whitcliffe drive, will sort directions out l8r 2nite too bloomin early now?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
B4267 LAVERNOCK ROAD

turn off into BROCKHILL RISE, spar shop

Turn right here, onto staunton way

At junction you will come onto whitecliffe drive.

Park here.

Walk over to railings , you will see a little gap , squeeze through here.

Its a steep and quite dodgy climb down a muddy and slippy bank which is dangerous if wet, I never fish here if its been raining , a mate broke his ankle here once, there was a rope last time I went down, dont rely on it, wear proper ankle boots instead.

Once down here old sewer outlet.

I prefer to fish it at low on a mid range tide, as soon as tide drops, fish off ledge, following tide out.

Rotten bottom needed, strap conger, dogs, whiting, pouting , rockling, odd ray but I have never caught one, bass

1 - 20 of 21 Posts