World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fishing morning tide down the ranny tomorrow, if anyone about will see you there.
Had more good reports from Penarth road tackle shop, there was a 14lb (yes fouteen pound) Cod taken from the pool only 50 yards out! Shows distance casting isn't everything!!
JD

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi All...

This may sound a bit silly but where is the Ranny and how do i get to it?? Sounds like it fishing pretty well and wouldn't mind giving it a bash..What bait/rigs are the way forward???
Cheers lads, Pottsy

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
pottsy ranny is penarth near barry, if u say where u r coming from, 1 of us will guide u best we can m8. or if u no lavernock road turn off in2 country lane called fort rd, go under bridge 2 the very bottom pass caravan park on ur right, go till u go no further, by little church, and a gate that takes u down to beach,go to the left of that, 5oo yds is the ranny.. there i have told u now, there r other ways but if u dont no them it may get difficult,, happy fishing....

·
Registered
737 Posts
that cod was caught at the sewer and not at the ranny .boy who caught it works with me.

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Sounds a good place this lads!

Think I know it from a geology perspective as I do a bit with the geologists at the National Museum. You go to the little church @ Lavernock Point, through the gate and straight down. There's a fairly extensive shallow reef just R at low tide but a bit of a hole to the L of that? I've seen people fishing along to the E towards Penarth beneath the red cliffs. Must give it a go sometime when I'm down Cardiff way!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
737 Posts
fishing there tommorrow tides are starting to make, so hopefully there might be a fish or two about.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the help/directions lads..Good luck down there!!!!

Pottsy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts