World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing tonight from 5.30pm till 10 pm (ebb mainly). Don't care what type of fish (except pesky dogs). Which one would you fish?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
hi m8 never fished the ranny but fished the lawns loads of times i find the last hour of the flood and first 2 hours of the ebb the best times.try sandeel with squid wrap for the rays fillet of mackral for the congers or you might be lucky and catch a bass just lob it out 25 -30 yards with the mackral find the further you can cast the better for a chance with the rays 100 yards plus. hope this helps tight lines dai:)

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,642 Posts
i would deffo fish the lawns as i have not heard of any reports off there for a while now.....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I caught my biggest shore fish from the Ranny. a 19lb cod one December way back in the early 80's. havent fished it since as i dont think your car is safe whilst you fish the venue at night.

let us all know how you get on!

Nick

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I've fished the Ranny countless times and never had a problem with the car. (mind you, thre's nowt worth nicking in my car!) By Lavernock Church can be dodgy, but if you park in Whitcliffe Drive and walk down the cliff its as safe as anywhere.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I've never had any problems parking at lavernock, but have heard of a few. Fishing was pwp down there tonight, i managed one crab:yucky: Sea hawk was still there when i left but he hadnt had anything by then:yucky:
blanked kev :yucky: :yucky:
we are not havinig much luck down there:blink: :blink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Rannie is poor this time of year. Might pick up the odd bass at dawn if your lucky. Dont park at night at the end of Fort Road though, thats asking for trouble. Like Smoothound said park at Whitcliffe Drive and walk down the cliff. The walk isnt as safe but the parking is.........cant have it always.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts