World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year, Went fishing on Sunday with some family and freinds ,that came down from Southampton.We fished three up and two back .With in the first hour Alan,( one of the mates )caught a small under size codling and things started to look up, with my bro catching a whitting of about a pound . Then things went dead an hour before high , with only one other whitting being caught .( Another party up the beach from us caught a codling of about 4Lb) .Just before high my bro landed a whitting of about 2 lb .Then it was the old mans turn landing a whitting of about a pound . At about an hour after high tide with the lads giving me some jip about not getting a decent codling between us , my brother lands one of 4 1/2 lb nice plump fish .This saved some of my blushes but not all , as i blanked . Out of six of us three of us blank, not so good . but knowing how bad the tide was, we didn't do so bad or did we ? strill can't make my mind up . Hope to go Wed , keep you posted . may your rods be bent and your buckets full have a great new year one and all .

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Dai The Fishing Is Poor At The Mo. U Did Well, Well Not U Maybe But The 1s Who Had Fish Should Count Themselves Lucky. Where Did U Go..

·
Registered
4 Posts
happy new year to you all. blanked again with dai on sunday. how typical that the only time he comes down this year, dai's brother lands the fish we have been hoping for since we started fishing the channel 5 years ago! anyway there were a few down there at the ranny on sunday and we fished in front of the rope going up the cliff face. must admit i'm not too surprised by andy's catch considering he casts out about 80 yards further than anyone else!! hopefully wont blank tomorrow! take care all.

d.a.p.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yea Good Luk M8, I Usually Fish To The Right Of The Rope About 60 Yds Or So, It 4 Some Reason Is Much Better Than Below The Rope . If I Am Ever There U Will No Cos I Park By The Corner House Opp Rope. I Got Long Wheel Base Frontere Blak. Tight Lines....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts