World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
meant 2 fish bendriks 2day but blowin a gale. went 2 ranny, a lot better weather wise. 1 whiting 1 small codling returned safely. my mate a novice had 4 casts in in a row and 4 beautiful clonkin bites,, lost every fish, they were biggies, the 1 a cod was double figures, he dropped off 10 ft from the beach. he was gutted, i was gutted, then he had a bite and asked me to take it for him, it was an undersized codling, again returned safely, but he has had his 1st codling although i brought it in for him,, all in all it was a funny day, but i enjoyed it. fishing was slow, but there r some lunkers out there. and the funny thing was they were on fish bait, makrel mainly, we had rag but not much luk on that.. the 1 he lost 10 ft away made his rod bend in half, perhaps theres hope for us all yet. i am down there 2moro again 2 try and get the 1s he lost.. we will c ..

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi poacher at least u seen some action and had nice day out, bet your mate cant wait to go again. Might go myself tomorrow dunno yet. did u fish high water or low.Lunker

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam the bass man where r u comin from, do u no penarth at all. ranny is penarth. lavernock road, near cosmeston lakes. turn into little country lane called fort road. go to very bottom park anywhere by the posh house as we call it, or by the church. walk through a gate straight in front of u. down on2 beach and walk left about 500yds. that is the ranny m8.. my guess is u r not a local. but if u not understand the directions will b glad 2 put u right. or 1 of the other lads will.. good luck..

·
Registered
370 Posts
whats the ground like down the ranny and what are the best baits to use?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it can b quite rough local, but if u do a decent cast say 70 yds u should b ok. but sayin that my m8 didnt lose a rig today and hes a learner castin 40 to 50 yds. and i lost 2 rigs.. dont think lunker lost any, and bellboy didnt, not that i no of m8..bait rag lug and squid, but at mo u can use anything and it doesnt seem 2 help..

·
Registered
282 Posts
hi guys just like to say it was nice meeting you guys poacher,bellboy,dowie nice to put faces to names hope i got dowie,s name right as i cant find him on the members list. Anyway it was nice to have a few names off here on the same beach fishing for the same imaginary cod lol. Lunker. Big thanks again to poacher 4 the lift home.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi m8 i think its spelt dewi.. sure tracey will tell me off if i wrong, after all she told every 1 i ended up on my a..e. shes a tinker..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought you were dewi on the site sorry mate anyway it was nice to meet you probably see you again somtime.Oh Hope you get your reel sorted out, too good not to. Lunker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts