World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys an gals, went 2 the ranny 2day, weather great, went with lunker and bellboy, nobody blanked, not a lot of bites all day, bell had 1 codling,and a white, lunker had a tidy white, and i had a codling, we enjoyed it, great few hours out in nice company..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi
This was posted by JD
the best way to the Ranny is to drive through Penarth down Redlands road which leads into lavernock road. then just after Cosmeston Park (which is on your right) take a left down to lavernock point (which is sign posted). Park by the small church at the end of the lane and take the path to the beach. Then walk about 500 yds to your left and you'll be fishing the ranny.
The knap as far as i know is fishing best from high tide down as much as 4 hours, mainly whiting and pout have been caught, the only cod i've heard of was at cold knap point on low water.
Baits to use are worm and fish bait cocktails!
Hope you have some luck
tight lines
JD

Hope it's a help to you
Calmia

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put this other pic up of the same fish cos lendusaworm showed me how to do it, and now i no u wil b able to see all the tiddlers i get from now on , aint i good 2 u lot, hee hee..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Firstly I would like thank the poacher (true gent) for taking me fishing and showing me a codling in the flesh, its been a rare sight for me the past year or so 4lb 2 well done mate. And thanks to both the poacher + bellboy for the great company on the beach nice to see no one blanked for a change. Lunker

·
Registered
302 Posts
  • Firstyl well done to all three of u, so glad u all had a good day!
Poach i just got my hands on a (pixel-analyzer) this gadget can deduce from a pic the actual size of the subject in question!

Cos u didnt have a scales with u I know u would like to know the weight of your booty.....................1lb 3ozs......."lmao" the fact that this fish looks its size is cos u had some line tied to its tail and stood on it and pulling at its head strec.........ing the fish hence giving it that "cor ........this is a big`n in it guys look"......still lmao

u car`nt fool me my mate!

One last thing if indeed your fish was the size u all said .............whos the one with size 38 shoes ......really lmao!

all the very best (well done again guys)

Russ

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bellboy how come yours looks bigger than mine, ill kill lendy, and new i cant see any feet, my camera on my phone only takes small pics. i takin my digi cam next time, it was 4lb 2oz, least that wat man in market told me,,,, so there.. heehee..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lunker thats not the same fish bell ad on beach, no wonder e was askin if fish of the month comp has started yet, we,ll av 2 watch that 1 m8,, better say hi 2 keep im appy. hi bell,, tinker u r..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi codling, we fished to the right of sewer pipe , rag an tipped with maky, squid wqs doin no good at all. tried just worm at 1st, but no joy, so wen we tipped with a bit of maky things started happening, there wasnt a great deal goin on , but enough to make us glad that we went. if u no wot i mean.lunker had a good slack liner later on, but nothing connected. there are fish there, but not in great numbers, as i say to every 1 you have got to be lucky, and be in the right place, at the right time, i always say if you perservere you will be rewarded m8..good luck if you go down there anyway, i think its the place to go at the moment, even my favourite foreshore is fishing very poorly,, but there we go ....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi, sounds like i've misted some fish then ? I haven't been for ages due to the decorating and the fact that my usual fishing buddy (dropped a pollack) has the POX ,yes chicken pox ! He doesn't look good at the best of times , but now he looks like he's been burried for weaks . so is anyone up for it on wednesday Thursday or Friday? ( from Swansea to cardiff) I NEED TO FISH !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts