World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am after some help and info please does anybody have directions to the ranny and what baits, rigs and best time to fish there

·
Registered
224 Posts
There are two areas of the ranny you can fish:
Ranny sewer & Ranny Pool!
To get to the sewer take the B4267 (Lavernock Road) and turn into Brockhill Rise (Look out for the Spar) at the tee Junction of Craynham Drive turn right and the left, you will arrive on Whitcliffe Drive which runs Parallel to the breach. Park adjacent the junction you just came out of and if you hop over the fence you will see a steep rough path down to the beach (don't try this route unless you are reasonably fit):showoff:
Once on the beach you can fish anywhere to the right (going left is quite rough and you will lose tackle). I usually fish the first rock outcrop about 300 yards towards the point with good results, use rag or lug as a second choice for bass, codling, conger, pouting.:fishing1:
Ranny Pool is best accessed a little further along the B4267 and turning into Fort Road, drive as far as you can and park in front of the church.
Take the footpath to the beach and fish to the left, into the pool (which is more oblivious at low water) again rag is best, lug a second choice, never had any success with fish baits in the area.
This is the easier access of the two but I do find the sewer area more productive. :fishing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts