World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone acctually realise what stupid amounts of money deal pier want for u to fish the poxy place?

have a look on their site...

http://www.dealpier.com/index.html

rediculous.

if your banging on the chat u get on there for next to nothing.if your unfortunate enough to have to work its a proper p*** take.

near ten quid for a day/night ticket...per bloody rod?????

now i'm not skint (yet!) but no way would i pay them sort of prices.

the bit about people on benifits does me in.ok,the elderly and disabled,fair enough.but people on the dole,sorry,fish the beach.

they even want money to use a bloody drop net on there.:uhuh:

away u go then,rip me to bits if u like.

oh,i don't vote tory.....(anymore)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure its been that way for a while on the pier now, well it was when i was younger, didnt really notice much, back im my hay days, ok i agree it not fair for the working class , but then again not everyone is on the dole for ever more, what about the reduncies at phizers, poor beggars , some of them had to sign on for a while before finding work again,the concessions were fair then, were they not!!!,
surely its not fair to hark on about it ,,,

like i say i agree it is priced wrong, and the working class may feel upset , but thats my view on it,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qwerty,

i dont think the consessions are fair,no matter who has been laid off or not working for any reason.

the price should be the price,end of.if u cant afford to pay it then fish the beach or dont fish at all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
anyone acctually realise what stupid amounts of money deal pier want for u to fish the poxy place?

rediculous.

if your banging on the chat u get on there for next to nothing.if your unfortunate enough to have to work its a proper p*** take.

the bit about people on benifits does me in.ok,the elderly and disabled,fair enough.but people on the dole,sorry,fish the beach.

go off the beach then and stop moaning or get casting lessons

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Don't want to get all Political ( with a big P ), but my eldest is currently job-seeking - properly job-seeking - not pratting about.

He's been looking at apprenticeships.

Guess how much?

No, less than that.

£2.50 per hour !

By the time he'd caught the train there and back I'd have been paying for him to work. And that's without anything to eat mid-day.

Draw your own conclusions as to my views !!!!!!!!!

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Spiderman003, thats your superhero poster coming down!! :uhuh: :nonono: .......I've Always been a Bond 007 kind a guy anyway :bleh: :thumbs:

Dave just say your on the dole..... The proof is your new cars in the car park outside !! :thumbs:

·
Registered
791 Posts
i was made redundant 3 weeks ago, as u know dave via fizhog book, but even with a lower cost i wont fish deal pier, i hate the flipping place snag city, and i prefer the beach anyways, if i cant afford to pay to fish, then simple I WONT GO fishing, i paid my taxes for years working, but agree all shud pay the same

·
Registered
964 Posts
I agree we should all pay the same.. But in my honest oppion i dont mind paying them prices for a clean well looked after pier.with decent facilities. Compared to the addy during the summer months ..thats when i do fish mainly piers with me dad and so far deal pier is allways our first choice of venue.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

rediculous.

I must admit I haven't fished deal pier for may be 7 years or more for the very reasons you have broached on I think it was about £5 per rod then for an all night session on a Friday night.
On the subject of going on the rock and roll I agree again. Because I have my own business I'm not allowed to sign on at all,
reason because I don't pay the same rate national insurance, I pay a lower rate because that is what was offered to me so I took the option thought I was getting a good deal NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
Well tell me where the f--- did all the national insurance I paid when i was PAYE go then ??
where ever it went it certainly wasn't back to me when I needed it.

Largely if you happen to be unemployed I feel sorry for you, but as Dave says fish the bloody beach !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
qwerty,

i dont think the consessions are fair,no matter who has been laid off or not working for any reason.

the price should be the price,end of.if u cant afford to pay it then fish the beach or dont fish at all.
like i said dave , i agree it not fair, so are you going pay for your mate to fish cos he has had to sign on the jam rag

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dave i think you took my post wrong,
i dont agree with the price of the pier,yes it should just be one price,i also dont agree with long term (no apperent reason)job seekers, there are plenty of jobs out there if you are prepared to accept any job,i know i would,
i was merely pointing out those that lost there jobs for no fault of there own,thats a different story all together isnt it ?would you feel the same way if the shoe was in the other foot, and you could get concessions to fish deal pier, hang on your retired aint you,
so you get the concessions ? :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Considering the size of the structure and god only knows what their public liability insurance costs them, those prices don't seem that outrageous.

If you don't like the prices, don't fish the place.

I don't much care for piers anyway.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
I agree. That it is a lot of money. I think they should charge a token gesture and the rest subsidised by the local council. The facility's inc cafe. Security and the fishing is pretty good. By the way I haven't lost a lead there in a few years.
The money the public pay must allow us to have some say , when the council decide to change something on there we don't like.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree. That it is a lot of money. I think they should charge a token gesture and the rest subsidised by the local council. The facility's inc cafe. Security and the fishing is pretty good. By the way I haven't lost a lead there in a few years.
The money the public pay must allow us to have some say , when the council decide to change something on there we don't like.
Who pays for the local council to subsidise it???? Us!!!! There are no free rides.

I have no problems with paying my way for a comfortable place to fish.

·
The Cod Obsessed one.
15,553 Posts
Don't want to get all Political ( with a big P ), but my eldest is currently job-seeking - properly job-seeking - not pratting about.

He's been looking at apprenticeships.

Guess how much?

No, less than that.

£2.50 per hour !

By the time he'd caught the train there and back I'd have been paying for him to work. And that's without anything to eat mid-day.

Draw your own conclusions as to my views !!!!!!!!!
Thats not bad money!. When I did my apprenticeship (and it wasnt all that long ago!) I was on £45 a week and had to travel to and from the office and buy my tools out of that!!
I do get what you are saying though, and its wrong that the apprenticeship wage is so pi55 poor.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Must admit I do fish Deal pier occasionaly but as a :wheelchai I do get a cheaper ticket £2.70 per rod, it just I find it easier place to fish from regarding parking and facilities, although parking costs have gone up to £7.00 per session, but at least are bogs nearby and hot food at a price if you need, but I do agree Dave it is becoming expensive.
Regarding your remarks Spiderman about Dave learning to cast you obviously do know him,(best avoid him on a dark beach) he can belt a weighted bait out with the best of them, when I first bought a 525 and was struggling to cast with it Dave got hold of my setup and proceeded to nearly empty the reel on his first cast, so check things out before getting lippy, plus its very rare you will find him on a pier except the breakwater.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.