World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I order my nylon snowbee granites, anyone tried or seen the rapala breathable waders?
£69.99 from ebay with free postage, the cheapest breathable's Ive seen and Rapala stuff is usually good gear?
item no 230265378454

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Sorry, only just seen this. I have the Rapala breathable ones. They are nice and light, can walk fair distances without much hassle. Neoprene socks were a bit on the thick side. Because they feel so light and thin, I was not too sure about durability so I was careful not to catch them on any rocks, which was going fine until I went flat on my face whilst wading, putting a large hole straight through the waders, through my trousers and into my shin.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
There are very few breathables that "wont tear" on barnacles with some pressure. I have a pair of Greys which seem to be heavier material than my Orvis but the Orvis are more breathable so I guess theres some trade-off.

Also you can buy armoured leggings to strap over the lower leg (designed for use with chesties) bit like the stuff motocross riders wear

Ive heard the rapalas are good (try asking mrfishjersey he sells them)

cheers

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I have been using a pair for fly fishing for 2 years without any problems.

I also wear them in the boat whilst fly fishing and they have yey too leak. I find them very comfortable and certainly harder wearing than the paper thin greys ones.

If I were you and you want reliable waders I would always go for a pair of ocean studded chesties for 70quid ish.

Tried and tested and will last and last. They can also be repaired easily amd best of all they can easily be washed down if your wading in mud whilst bait collecting.

I use mine until it gets really cold then switch over to studded snowbee granites.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts