World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the size of the trebles used on rapala xrap 12cm, I want to buy some new owners online but have no idea of the size to order, also owner hooks look quite meaty would they upset the balance of the rapala??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Apologies, got a bit confused there. A size four is even smaller than an average size treble so the one on the x-rap 12cm would be a lot bigger. Hope you haven't oredered any size 4 ones based on my advice :eek:

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
62,620 Posts
Apologies, got a bit confused there. A size four is even smaller than an average size treble so the one on the x-rap 12cm would a lot bigger. Hope you haven't oredered any size 4 ones based on my advice :eek:
I always tend to go a bit smaller with the hooks.
Remember the hooks on the Mag Popper.................

·
Registered
734 Posts
I always tend to go a bit smaller with the hooks.
Remember the hooks on the Mag Popper.................
I changed some hooks on 12cm Yozuri Mag Darters last night, they were HUGE !!!!

I put the same sized ones on as the 12cm Xraps and they looked much better proportioned?

Do the size of treble used on the same lure vary from country to country ? (I bought the yozuris from the USA) Might be a stupid question but I was wondering if perhaps they were beefed up a bit to cope with potentially larger fish hitting them in the USA that say in the UK ????

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers lads, thanks for the info i just want to stick with the original size which seems to be no2 as i am having some results with them at the moment:thumbs:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Apologies, got a bit confused there. A size four is even smaller than an average size treble so the one on the x-rap 12cm would be a lot bigger. Hope you haven't oredered any size 4 ones based on my advice :eek:
Its what Id replace with.....
Most of my bass lures have size 4's with some smaller sub 90mm lures haveing size 8's and some larger pike lures with size 1/0
Pretty much stick to those 3 sizes when replacing trebles....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts