World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Has anyone had any luck/joy with the X-Rap? I am thinking of investing in one and I was wondering if its worth the money.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i have heard stories from the kayak community round here that the x rap is quite deadly off oxwich point casting against the current and pulling the opposite way you would if you were spinning from the shore i bought one the other day but havent used it yet i'm waiting to use it off my boat off mumbles lighthouse i'll keep you posted if its any good !

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Taff

I have been using them this year to good effect, The action is similar to the old originals, with the added bonus of the rattle. They cast better than the jointed and originals, and hold thier action better in fast turbulant water.

I dont often say this with a new lure but, get on em.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Shropfisher said:
The X-Raps comne in tons of differrant colours, any recomendations ?
Every colour has it's day. Stick to the usual's, sandeel colour (good all rounder) silver, white and bright colours for low light levels, blue/green makerel and dark colours for bright conditions.
I have had good results with the olive green colour.

TIP. fish them as an action bait and give them a bit of stick as you retrive, making them dart about like a panicked bait fish.

While were on the subject anyone found them at a good price yet! I'm paying full whack £9.99 at the moment

·
Registered
701 Posts
lurelover said:
Every colour has it's day. Stick to the usual's, sandeel colour (good all rounder) silver, white and bright colours for low light levels, blue/green makerel and dark colours for bright conditions.
I have had good results with the olive green colour.

TIP. fish them as an action bait and give them a bit of stick as you retrive, making them dart about like a panicked bait fish.

While were on the subject anyone found them at a good price yet! I'm paying full whack £9.99 at the moment
Looking on E-Bay they are approx £5 plus £1.65 P&P, Found this web site :- http://www.fishingbig.com/fishing_tackle/rapala/x_-_rap/ were they are £7.39 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts