World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyup

Been a while - I had a disagreement with a table leg and no slipper Wednesday Night resulting in a broken toe which niggles a tad so last Night was never going to be a yomp - I moved to Cowes last Year and haven't really given it a crack since moving so myself and a work colleague gave it said crack last night

As soon as it got dark it became DBD - with the odd pollock and pout thrown in but I had heard that Rays can be had there and persevered with Sand-eel at distance on one rod - right at last orders I had a bite going on both rods but the L/H one looked Ray Like so reeled in the R/H one first and consigned yet another LSD back into its environment and then picked up the left hand Rod and after a spirited pull - I find Male Spotted Rays really give a good account of themselves,this came aboard reluctantly ...

A pleasant end to the Evening and I will defo give it a few more Hours this Year - the ground looked good at Low Water and I am pretty sure there will be Silver Spikey Critturs to be had there later when I am allowed to eat them again

Ciao the noo

Clive

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Just saw this Clive after your txt .......... Have only been out a couple of times since we fished the bay .....bloody sciatica ......cant seem to shift it . Old age I suppose ....well done on your catch . Pete

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Well done Clive - don't let the injury get you down, eh? Lesson there for nipper methinks.... Nice spotty - still never seen one up close let alone caught one. Another one for this year's wish list! So are you now W Cowes side?

Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.