World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally managed to get out fishing yesterday, first time in over 2 months - but too late to head to the meet at Runswick, so I headed to one of my usual places Roker.
It was locked and had been all day, so I went to the Ratty for the first time. All I caught in five and a half hours were a carrier bag and other peoples lines - the current was snagging everyone up.
I did see a codling of 6 or 7 inches caught and one crab, but there were plenty fishing and the crack was good, so I'll definitely fish there again.

I took this photo when I arrived to show the sea state half way between the tides.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its not a bad little spot the Rat House, it just gets two crowded for my likeing on the weekends. I had pop down there today, to have a bit crack with the lads fishing the comp, few dabs and coalies being caught to size.

·
Registered
352 Posts
was there this morning about 07;30 till 1ish, saw some goos size flatties and whitties get caught, i only catch little un's. lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
were is the rat house? can it be seen on that pic? heard loads about it but never fished it

·
Registered
424 Posts
were is the rat house? can it be seen on that pic? heard loads about it but never fished it
The Rat House is to the right and just out of view on the photo. It stretches from the base of the old pier, which is visible on it (the short one, that is), to the marina.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
rathouse is the small inner pier on the right of the pic. to access it turn right at the bottom of the road where the cars are in the pic. park in carpark not far from it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
is it good fishing rocker @ nite fished there b4 with me dad & uncles i only caught ****** did every fing wa they were doin i only caught ****** wile they caught pound alf codlen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts