World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies and Gents
I'm a keen but novice sea angler from Kent and am visiting the Ravenglass area with my two kids for a couple of days this week. I'm bringing a telescopic rod and a bit of basic gear so would be very grateful for any 'local knowledge' on offer from you guys. When and where, which bait you use, that kind of thing. I normally fish with lug or rag, or sometimes mackerel on a two snood pennel rig. A lot of Whiting and doggies are showing where I am (Isle of Sheppey) but what species are around your shores at the moment?
Any advice gratefully received.
Cheers
Harshy

·
Registered
606 Posts
Its not very good fishing in Raven-glass estuary unless you venture out towards the Bar.....not a good idea with the kit your bringing ....Option one is to fish near the walkway near the footbridge that runs alongside the railway plenty of eels . But the better and easy spot is the bottom of the main St where you may get flounders and I have seen Bass and Mullet caught by a holiday maker spinning small spinners baited with rag......You never know your luck the surrounding area is brill with some very good marks but you need your proper beach gear ..... I'm up this weekend doing some fishing and the bonfire....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.