World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and beany went on a ray bash yesterday at one of his marks known to me as mark X as don't know where it was or where it was near as he likes to keep it hush hush as not to ruin his quiet little spot. Rods in the water by 9pm one rod for me with pennels baited with bluey and two rods for beany one pulley dropper rig and one Pennel one baited with bluey and the the other bluey/crab cocktail by 9:45pm beany had a slack line bite which resulted in a lovely 7lb female thornie

image-2269017475.jpg

Which was quickly unhooked. Quick photo then returned to the sea. He caught that on the bluey/crab cocktail. About 30 mins passed and bang another slack line bite which resulted in a 2 ray for beany which went 5lb and a male fish unfortunately this was gut hooked and bleeding heavily so it was dispatched and put in the bucket.

image-746819893.jpg

Shortly after beany had this I soon turned around to find my line slack on the floor and heading down tide so I caught up with the fish and shortly had a 5lb ray myself which is one of many iv had this year now and again gut hooked so dispatched and in the bucket for tea. All went quiet till 2am when we were deciding to pack up when beany had a strange bite not a normal ray bite or dogfish bite. He wound down to find a decent weight on the end and after a few minutes a 3rd ray was at our feet again just over 5lb and another male fish which was unhooked quick picture then returned to the sea.

image-1296745949.jpg

image-2931747652.jpg

The final fish tally for the night was countless dogs and pin whitting and one sizeable codling which was returned to sea. All fish fell to bluey baits bar one on the cocktail bait. But the water was flat calm and gin clear so shouldn't be long till the hounds are showing. Which I did try for a short period with only dogs taking the baits.

Tight lines all till next time.

Wazza

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Nice result Wazza and Beaney. Its good to have a secrret mark that provides results.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Well done you twoa good nights fishing there.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well done boys,
not as big as Deal pier Wazza but good result at secret location. Just wondering how secret is it ? Did beany blindfold you, spin you round 10 times before putting you in car for journey to secret location (lol).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah it was the walking in the pitch black didn't have my bearings after walking away from the car lol did have a job trying to find it as it felt like we were walking at an angle at a point rather then straight lol. The skate were smaller but hey it's still a ray lol having another go tonight

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
(lol) Good on ya. Unable to get out till Friday (bloody work). Was gong to wish you good luck 2nite but you don't need any (lol). You seem to be having a cracking ray season, well done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts