World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Great fish mate, my biggest fish iv caught is the undulate ray in my profile pic which was also my first and only ray. There great fish aren't they :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great video :)
Thanks mate.

When I read "Ray Releases - Video", I thought you meant the well known guy on this forum named Ray releases a fishing video :confused:
Had to think about that for a sec, think the - saved me. :)

I caught my first ray 2 days ago near Weymouth. I believe it was an undulate ray. Squid and mackerel wrap on a penel pulley. Definitely the biggest fish I've ever caught.
The pliers are for scale!

Beautiful markings and looked better as ir swam away :)
Lovely undulate. As you can see the colours vary a bit depending on whether they are sat in clay/sand or on rocky ground. Did yours tear off or just come in like a bag of cement?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks mate.

Had to think about that for a sec, think the - saved me. :)

Lovely undulate. As you can see the colours vary a bit depending on whether they are sat in clay/sand or on rocky ground. Did yours tear off or just come in like a bag of cement?
Like a massive snag !
Lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
brilliant video ! a mate managed to film part of me catching my pb tope the other day. will hopefully get it up once he gets it to me and i was thinking today we should have filmed it going back as the water was fairly clear.
cheers rab

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brilliant video ! a mate managed to film part of me catching my pb tope the other day. will hopefully get it up once he gets it to me and i was thinking today we should have filmed it going back as the water was fairly clear.
cheers rab
Tag me into the post, i look forward to seeing it Rab. I am just making tope & shark rigs... There was a thresher on chesil thursday smashing mackerel on the surface.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tag me into the post, i look forward to seeing it Rab. I am just making tope & shark rigs... There was a thresher on chesil thursday smashing mackerel on the surface.
oooooh , that sounds nice. i think chesil has to be one of the uk venues where you not only stand a chance of hooking a shark, but more importantly landing it safely, hope you get a crack at them. a shore thresher would be epic, major acrobatics likely !
i was hoping my tope would tail walk, a mate had one well into the thirties there a few years back that spent a lot of time out the water, but mine only came up thrashing, still a great sight though. a link to the report http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/pb-shore-tope.8963858/
cheers rab

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quality report there as usual kennedy. those undulates are stunning fish .hope your mates wrist is ik, that could have gone very wrong by the sounds of the venue.
cheers rab
He had the xray yesterday and thankfully it's just a bad sprain and he's ordered bait for Monday :) It's easily done, he should have been in wellies with spikes. After a few other species next week but I'd love a tope mid summer.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Great video and post, Chris.
As usual.
That water is gin clear. Amazing.

My river runs from the moors and is like that at the moment. Literally just spring water. It is almost surreal when you only ever really see it with tannin in, at least.

When you see their camouflage, even over ground like that, you get a respect for them.

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
cheers rab
hi mate when u uploading the video? Cant wait to watch it :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great video and post, Chris.
As usual.
That water is gin clear. Amazing.

My river runs from the moors and is like that at the moment. Literally just spring water. It is almost surreal when you only ever really see it with tannin in, at least.

When you see their camouflage, even over ground like that, you get a respect for them.
Just fantastic creatures gliding away, the water is just crystal at the moment. Its rare I could make a release vid like that from the rocks as usually you'd get washed away being that close to the water. Cheers

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Just fantastic creatures gliding away, the water is just crystal at the moment. Its rare I could make a release vid like that from the rocks as usually you'd get washed away being that close to the water. Cheers
Some of the marks you fish look incredible. I would love to fish one of the rock marks you fish one day.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Some of the marks you fish look incredible. I would love to fish one of the rock marks you fish one day.
It's pretty hard work getting to some of them and you can't have any vertigo issues. I wish I could show you some panoramics of the areas, they are incredible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts