World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1K views 27 replies 4 participants last post by  robert gallacher 
G
#1 ·
I thought some of you may like to see a couple of videos of fish going back in last nights calm conditions.

The full blog will follow tonight or tomorrow morning with all of the species, images & details.

G
#7 ·
Thanks mate.

When I read "Ray Releases - Video", I thought you meant the well known guy on this forum named Ray releases a fishing video :confused:
Had to think about that for a sec, think the - saved me. :)

I caught my first ray 2 days ago near Weymouth. I believe it was an undulate ray. Squid and mackerel wrap on a penel pulley. Definitely the biggest fish I've ever caught.
The pliers are for scale!

Beautiful markings and looked better as ir swam away :)
Lovely undulate. As you can see the colours vary a bit depending on whether they are sat in clay/sand or on rocky ground. Did yours tear off or just come in like a bag of cement?

G
#13 ·
Tag me into the post, i look forward to seeing it Rab. I am just making tope & shark rigs... There was a thresher on chesil thursday smashing mackerel on the surface.
oooooh , that sounds nice. i think chesil has to be one of the uk venues where you not only stand a chance of hooking a shark, but more importantly landing it safely, hope you get a crack at them. a shore thresher would be epic, major acrobatics likely !
i was hoping my tope would tail walk, a mate had one well into the thirties there a few years back that spent a lot of time out the water, but mine only came up thrashing, still a great sight though. a link to the report http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/threads/pb-shore-tope.8963858/
cheers rab

#16 ·
Great video and post, Chris.
As usual.
That water is gin clear. Amazing.

My river runs from the moors and is like that at the moment. Literally just spring water. It is almost surreal when you only ever really see it with tannin in, at least.

When you see their camouflage, even over ground like that, you get a respect for them.

G
#25 ·
I hate heights but I wouldn't give a sh1t if I knew I was heading to some of the marks you fish lol get a go pro and film the hike/climb to one of ur marks :)
Would make me quite unpopular filming the way to come marks over here, particularly ones that people have been kind enough to show me in confidence. As for heights.... when your legs go and you feel like you don't know which way is up, there isn't much that will make you climb down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.