World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know flatties get in close, but does this apply to rays? how far do you cast when targeting them?

G

·
i know flatties get in close, but does this apply to rays? how far do you cast when targeting them?
they been catching them of porthcawl pier m8 they come in close really i had a 12lber newton i n milford 4 weeks ago on the boat but you could have cast to where we were mate:)

·
Registered
347 Posts
when i had my rays they have been at range but i have seen them been caught at 40yds out all depends sea state,weather i know this sounds daft but rays will respond to high pressue than low

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
try night, low water at monknash:notworthy use 4/0 pennelrigs and squid cast as far as you can:clap2: . reason, had all my rays between 60-150yds

i have seen rays brought in as close as 20-30yards from the lawns but again depends on weather:blink:

hope this helps tight lines

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
in the estuary marks you can catch rays pretty much at any range at the moment they will be gorging on peeler crabs ,they wont come in as close as flounders but in the estuarys round here 30yds plus and you can get into them

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
hi m8 porthcawl pier is realy good 4 the rays in the summer ull catch them at all distances my m8 had 1 on a 3hooker 10yrds out..may beeing the best time hope this helps..

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
great. perhaps that's why i didn't get any. can't even manage 30 yards yet! lol! thanks for the advice people. always appreciated. TL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts