World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam looking to do a bit of ray fishing and would like a few marks that might throw one up between penarth and aberthaw and baits and rigs ext, cheers for any advice.:idea:

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Head further west for higher likelehood...Porthcawl is the place....consistently throwing up raymonds.

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Cold Knap on big tides produces Rays but as Ohter says the stink hole that is Porthcawl Pier turns up far greater numbers if you can stand the smell & eejits there.

headlight

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it smell that bad, is the ray fishing that good ther you can put with stink, whats the stink from ? or shoulnt i ask.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Does it smell that bad, is the ray fishing that good ther you can put with stink, whats the stink from ? or shoulnt i ask.
Use yr imagination, lol. Sometimes it's ok though, i think the council clean it 2...maybe 3 times a week, but as said before...u do get some......well actually quite a few eejits there,lol. Throwing up a few hounds now as well, so deff worth it if you catch it on a good day :thumbs:

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
Urine & carp:nono: Unfortunately the urine smell is allways there as it"s soaked into the concrete. IMO it"s the best Small Eyed Ray venue in South Wales (others will disagree). Less eejits in the night although you still get some. Fish 3 hours either side of HW & watch out for waves breaking over the middle of the pier in strong westerlies.

headlight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts