World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lo All,
Could anyone tell me the nearest beaches to Cardiff for collecting razorfish? If the beach had lug or rag that would be a bonus (finally get to try out my new bait pump), but a good place for the razorfish would be fine. I'm going to try them as bait but to be honest if they're no good I'll eat them myself! Had my first ones a couple of weeks ago bought from fishmongers, fried on a hot pan and drzzled with olive oil, absolutely delicious! Not much to look at mind you, like something out of Alien the movie, but good grub. Anyway any help would be aprreciated.
Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi penn, i get mine from saundersfoot, blak lug as well with the pump. but i think swaasac said theres some around the gower way, or near there m8. dont no about burryport way, theres lug there, the locals will tell us if we ask nicely enough. hoping for a day up there soon 2 get some, will let you no when we are going ok. u been out l8ly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lo Poacher,
thanks for that m8. Would definitely be up for a bait trip some day, got a bait pump from Blueskip a while a go and haven't used it yet, so let me know when you're going? Took the family to Swansea a few weeks ago (promised the wee fellah a go on a "bullet train"), went down to the beach and boy was there worms there!! I haven't been out fishing much recently, a few just, since I met yous at the foreshore, and I'm a bit naughty not sending in reports. Fact is the fishing (for me anyway) has been so bloody poor that I was going to wait until it picked up, so that at least I'd have something to report! On reflection, blank reports are as important as good ones to let us know how the fishing is. Anyway I keep going and hoping, just like the rest. I'll get that Bass this year if it kills me, or leaves me broke and single, he he. As I said I'd really be up for a bait trip, keep in touch eh? tight lines m8, Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
no probs penn, when we go i give u a shout ok. after all if u got 4 in the car its cheaper on petrol. and every 1 for themselves then, in other words we all get our own bait, unless i get a bad back. then i will have to confiscate some off the other lads. heehee. as if i would. will give u a shout ok........

·
Registered
325 Posts
i gathered some razorfish at oxwich beach at sunday lunchtime with my neighbours grandson we collected enough for 1 session in the evening and i froze some down for the next time off the boat for the bream i suppose if you were coming down from cardiff with your boy you'd have to stay the weekend in sunny gower and incorporate your camping with a razor collectin,lug gathering'bass/flattie fishing weekend at nicholaston pill"just a short walk along oxwich beach" and if you do come make sure the tides are over 11.8 or you wont reach the razor beds ,happy fishing ,dog hop

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Kelvin,
Looks like I've got a few options now for gettin these wee chappies! Ye know without this site it would have taken me ages to get to know things like this! Thanks again to all who replied.
Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yes thanks all, penn dai wants a day up saundersfoot and lunker, an i get bellboy there 2, get some razor and blak, and do a session down there, i said u on holiday for a week. so we r talkin a couple of weeks away,3 weeks even,may av a few bass about then, gis a shout wen u get bak ok, enjoy ur holiday, dont drink 2 much,cheers........

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice one Poacher,
Sounds good to me. I'll try my best to enjoy meself, but then not drinking too much...............hmmm bit of a tough one that, I do like that Spanish beer, (if not their trawlers) so no promises there. I'll give you a shout when I get back, until then, tight lines all!
Penn

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ok m8. how the hell does dai carry all that gear, it would do me in, an we had 2 climb a bloomin gate, i told you i shouldnt follow others, no wonder i keep blankin,they will tell you different ofcourse, they will blame me, but we no the truth, dont we.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts