World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marcus m8, how did you get on with the tides, were they far enough out for you to get razors at leven, Im just back from this mornings stint, got bout 30 razors, had to cut it short as i am b/shift :( was using salt only...works a bloody treat :D no more digging for me.....lol

p.s have kept 6 big wans..thr for the frying pan the morra morning

·
Registered
423 Posts
BigDunny

Do you use salt for rag or must you dig for them? I trust the lower the tide the larger searchable area. How far down do they normally lie? I've tried rag for the first time down in Dorset and they are good. Wouldn't mind collecting some of my own.

Cheers
Blenny

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh !!

Blenny m8, it was Razor shells I was on about not Rag, I wish you could use salt to get Rag, it would save me a lot of hard work ;) and yes the lower the tide the bigger the search area, I have been back down the beach this morning managed to get another 20 odd Razors...also got 3 Lobsters from the kelp bed ...mmmm yummy

·
Registered
423 Posts
BigD

Sorry, I realised you were after razor but wondered if the same technique could be used to catch rags. Sadly not by all accounts! Damn. Well the spade will have to come out then – how far down will you find them?

Do you harvest these creatures in Fife per chance? I'm after a place where I might get some rag. My aunt and uncle live in Burntisland –*is this place any good?

Well done on the lobster. Not too jealous! :eek:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup he sure did... :D I used to just about do me back in digging the buggers up ;)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
missed the big tide ,forgot i was going on holiday the next day :(

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
next big tides are from the 20th - 23rd August, you will be able to get loads of razors on these tides m8

1 - 8 of 8 Posts