World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to say a big thank u to guss angus who very kindly put out that he had some surplus glow lures for the first five to contact him and i was lucky to be one of those 5 i have tryd the grubs he sent me which u can charge with your bhead lamp and i scored first cast at sully bay whilst using dutch lug and then tipping the bait with a glow grub and lst night the pout down at stout was going crazy for them we lost count half way through or sesh so any one not doing so well should have a little chat to gus angus its worth your while thnks gus

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yes gus and thanx for the little catalogue u sent as well. i will b tryin these for a short while and if successful u will certainly av a little order from me.gus is it the longer u charge these grubs up etc, the longer they glow. or do they only glow for a few mins anyway m8.. i no they r only experimental at the moment...

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi Mate they should glow for about 10-15 mins if you charge them for 2-3 mins, but other trials have shown if the fish are about you won't have to wait that long for a bite. regards gus.

·
Registered
767 Posts
interesting read guys. where can i get some of these glo grubs to try????

cheers

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
have a chat with gusangus, he will put u right, as i say they r at an experimental stage, i dont no if hes selling any yet, but he may be, e.mail him on the forum m8..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I think I still have some "muppets" made from a similar kind of stuff, you would shine your light on them & charge them up, night fishing off the boat, the whiting used to go bananas over them (perhaps thats all they could see in Swansea Soup).
I even made a bite indicator for the rod tip out of one, I bet its a similar sort of material! I'm gonna dig in the shed see if I can find out if there are any left!
blueskip

·
Registered
767 Posts
cheers poacher

i shall mail him now

B

·
0 Posts
Had me chance to use the grubs last night (thanks Gus!) Two rods, two hooks each on Chesil. One with the grubs one without, casting almost the same distance. The hooks with the grubs literally got continuous bites and were real sport! 6 doggies, a couple of whiting and several small fish. The one without grubs got a doggie.

I used a speleo 14 LED to 'charge' them for about 4 mins each and even when I reeled in 20 ms later, they were still glowing dimly. Planning to see how they work with spinning this evening :) Best / Izzy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
balikizzy said:
Had me chance to use the grubs last night (thanks Gus!) Two rods, two hooks each on Chesil. One with the grubs one without, casting almost the same distance. The hooks with the grubs literally got continuous bites and were real sport! 6 doggies, a couple of whiting and several small fish. The one without grubs got a doggie.

I used a speleo 14 LED to 'charge' them for about 4 mins each and even when I reeled in 20 ms later, they were still glowing dimly. Planning to see how they work with spinning this evening :) Best / Izzy
hi m8t did u use them with bait or with out ?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
This impulse must be identical to a bloke who sees a girl with a large pair of "threepennies", you go to investigate whats on display, & get lumbered with a mortgage & kids!
Been there, done that, got the T shirt, I'm not sure these glow gugs are right, would you wish this on any self respecting cod ???????????????
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Where is a cod going to get the money for a mortgage? He hasn't even got the cash to take her for the traditional "meal", (before he gets his leg over)!
BAN THE BUGS!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

B

·
0 Posts
marshy said:
hi m8t did u use them with bait or with out ?
Hi Marshy, yes. Squid and rag. I just put the glows on the snood above the bait/hook. I do think from the amount of rattling lost bites tho the fish were going to the grubs a lot a missing the hook :-( I'm serious. The rod with the grubs was just rattling on all night and I had more misses than catches.

I do a fair amount of deep sea gas diving as another hobby and use a very bright torch due to it being dark at those depths (okay, its a vice :). One thing I've realised is fish just get really curious about anything that shines. Recently we even had a large pollock trying to grab a torch from a diver's hand. So using something that shines close to the bait makes sense to me.

Next time I'm lowering the grubs to just over the hook end under the bait to see what difference it makes. Its all fun :) Best

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi Mate try passing the hook throught one end of the grub and sliding it up to the eye of the hook so it is trapped between the eye and your bait this will also give added movement, see how that works. Regards gus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts