World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given the task of organising a stag weekend for my brother and would welcome some advice on the following:-
(1) He insists he would like to charter a boat and go deep sea wreck fishing.
(2) We would need to cater for about 10-12 ranging from 30-65 years of age.
(3) It needs to be somewhere lively, ie. Poole, Dorset/Bournemouth.
So, if anyone knows of anyone who has a boat (and tackle), and would like to talk about a day out in early Sept, let me know.
The other problem we would have is if we catch, is there accommodation nearby which will keep the catch on ice for us that night.
Look forward to hearing any ideas.
Paul.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/Map - South West.htm

Try this link, and click on the port you are interested in. Should be plenty of options. However, keep the usual stag activities till after you get off the boat, as you trip could get cut short if someone is so ill you have to turn back.

Also, don't fancy your chances of pulling in the night clubs with the way you lot will be smelling.

Have fun

·
Registered
126 Posts
you could Try Our Joel from Paignton. The husband does the Boant and the wife does the B &B. Have used hem in the past and I would not hesitate in recommending them to any one as they could not do enough for you.

Tomo

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
obviously,,ud want some poledancers/strippers on the boat as well..right??

Imagine that scene...Just picture it.. :eek:

Bit of a choppy sea/Mackeral heads and blood and guts everywhere,,and scantily clad bints prancing around the stern/starboard/where ever..to feeble 70's disco music coming from the knackered 8 track in the cabin....

HILARIOUS! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Hm? Not sure the quiet little B&B could/would/should be subjected to a boisterous group of strange people who had been out 'Wreck fishing'??? Is this some strange Celtic/Vicking/Anglo Saxon ritual to do with Deer Hunting as it gets dark? Anyone who deliberately goes out to catch a Wreck deserves everything they get! I seem to be able to at least hook wrecks without trying from dry land (well its usually very damp actually)

This whole idea seems like a perfect plan for a disaster. Marcus has got the right idea I think, just remove the boat. The Pole dancers and Fish heads seems a little extreme but then these young people do get up to some pretty (if not downright ugly) things these days.

My only other idea was to go ahead with the 'plan', as far as the Groom understands. Take him down to the South coast and get him Shanghied onto a Spanish Trawler heading for the Irish box. You'll make some money from the Press Gang and will be able to go back home and really enjoy the Reception!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Marcus

I haven't heard the word "bint " used for more years than I can remember. Is this one you got from your dad, or are you showing your age.

I may be a bit thick but how are they going to get the stag on the boat. Mind you its antlers would be useful for hanging their waterproofs on.

Fred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts