World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
If it makes it easier, go to the Shop Section on this site and buy your GENUINE Dexter Wedges there.

As for the links. The top ones are not genuine, the middle two seem to be and the bottom link does'nt have a photo but are probably.

In my opinion the genuine Dexter Wedges are brilliant. There are some cheaper versions, but these don't seem to be as good at various venues. Wheras genuine Dexter Wedges do the business everywhere.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
just picked the link at random mate, but that would be the real thing
on tackleuk.com just a crome wedge with some holographics!
great lures tho, had alsorts on them macky, bass, gars, even gurnard!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Veals stock the real thing too.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
just a thought but isnt dexter a copy right?
i mean if it says dexter on the tin should ther not be
a propper dexter inside?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
just a thought but isnt dexter a copy right?
i mean if it says dexter on the tin should ther not be
a propper dexter inside?
The copies are advertised as Dexter type wedges. The real ones are cheap so i don't know why people buy the copies. £2 for a top spinning lure? BARGAIN!!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ok then on another side, do the copies not do the same as an original ? what makes an original more effective than a copy?
how would a novice like myself know if it was genuine or not

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
ok then on another side, do the copies not do the same as an original ? what makes an original more effective than a copy?
how would a novice like myself know if it was genuine or not
Use a reputable dealer. If it is advertised as a dexter wedge, it will be - it is illegal to falsely advertise so good companies wont do this.. The original obviously works or it would not have its status as a top lure. As to why it works?......I aint no bass so I cant tell you...lol.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Use a reputable dealer. If it is advertised as a dexter wedge, it will be - it is illegal to falsely advertise so good companies wont do this.. The original obviously works or it would not have its status as a top lure. As to why it works?......I aint no bass so I cant tell you...lol.

thanks

and are all dexter wedges produced with the holographic film ? or are real ones made better ?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
thanks

and are all dexter wedges produced with the holographic film ? or are real ones made better ?
There is only ONE dexter wedge. Order some from here or from Veals and you will see.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
thanks

They still have the film on which has come off after a while on some I had.

The heavier 150g ones work great fished as a pirk for Bass and had a lot of Cod on them to.But the cost of them make it an expensive loss if you get snagged .

http://www.dexterproducts.co.uk/page27.html

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts