World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
try the led lensor h7 ,features include spot and flood light ,its light and comfotable,takes 3x aaa batt and is aporx 140 lumens dont get the recharable one though, i have one and its one of my fav bits of kit:bye1:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Led lenser H7 check out flea bay about £33 their great.........................................:victory:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Had both the LED Lenser and the Petzl Myo XP and out of the two the

Lenser is brighter and has more aqdjustment on the beam and is lighter (due to using 3xAAA unlike the XP that uses 3AA)

My only neg comment about the Lenser is the amount of batteries you go through using it.

Both Headlamps are very good but IMO the Lenser gets it everytime, and its cheaper :thumbs:

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
That is a link to the OLD 60 lumen version ? :whistling

New Apex Version is 130 Lumens and is very very good.

Personally now use the Tiga SL-05 can be bought for around £50 on that auction site (item number 390072902732)

led lensor h7 140 lumens come on beat that:whistling

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
try the led lensor h7 ,features include spot and flood light ,its light and comfotable,takes 3x aaa batt and is aporx 140 lumens dont get the recharable one though, i have one and its one of my fav bits of kit:bye1:

been thinking of getting a lensor h7

just wondering why you dont recommend the rechargable one????

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
princton-tec Apex, 130 lumen, hands dow.

having now compared it with a Lenser (used one for a night) i wouldn't bother with anything else.

difference for me was like comparing a range rover (the apex) with a suzuki jeep (the lenser). while both will do the same job, one will always be a pretender!

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Still saving for an Apex, but in the meantime, as much as it sticks in my throat to say it, the FOX 80 lumens is very practical and reliable for 25-27 quid. Three AA batteries, pretty good usage. Rechargeables wont fit in it though (they are a smidgin too fat!)

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
That is a link to the OLD 60 lumen version ? :whistling

and?

ive been using the 'old' 60 lumen for 3 years without problem....
more lumens, less battery life. more than up to the job.

do we really have to go down the 'my lumens are bigger than your lumens' road :whistling

al.

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Still saving for an Apex, but in the meantime, as much as it sticks in my throat to say it, the FOX 80 lumens is very practical and reliable for 25-27 quid. Three AA batteries, pretty good usage. Rechargeables wont fit in it though (they are a smidgin too fat!)
i have a fox as a spare / for the kids, very good lamp for the money, my only gripe is that even the low setting can be too bright!

and?

do we really have to go down the 'my lumens are bigger than your lumens' road :whistling

al.
i've ot the 130 lumen, superb light and very much brighter but, i've still got my 60 lumen as a spare / kids light, wouldn't part with it either!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
and?

al.
No we dont have to go down that road as you will clearly loose !! joking aside I was purely pointing out that the link went to the OLD model and why buy that when the new one is around the same price and twice as powerful:bangin: (thats progress for you)
You wouldn't buy a MK1 if the MK2 or MK3 is out would you?
And lasts a decent amount of time when compared to the likes of the Lenser.

And I have used 80 lumen lamps that over some of the marks are not enough! So each to their own. If you fish from a shingle beach then yes lower power is fine but if you are walking to low tide marks over dodgy ground IMO brighter is def better.

·
Mussel Man
2,506 Posts
thats fair enough.... it was just a pointer as most of the mk2's are £70-80. not in the price range of the OP

most of my marks are rough ground, down ravine's or generally somewhere you need very good light.

as said, ive never had a problem with the original lamp, its more than enough for me, and most fishing situations in general.

low to bait up, medium to walk with a good poole of light around me, lower main beam to land fish, higher main beam to have a mooch around, or down ravines.

horse's for course's i guess. not really into lighthouse fishing, prefere the 'just enough with a bit to spare' approach with a good battery life minus the 12V cell to hump around.

al.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
thats fair enough.... it was just a pointer as most of the mk2's are £70-80. not in the price range of the OP

most of my marks are rough ground, down ravine's or generally somewhere you need very good light.

as said, ive never had a problem with the original lamp, its more than enough for me, and most fishing situations in general.

low to bait up, medium to walk with a good poole of light around me, lower main beam to land fish, higher main beam to have a mooch around, or down ravines.

horse's for course's i guess. not really into lighthouse fishing, prefere the 'just enough with a bit to spare' approach with a good battery life minus the 12V cell to hump around.

al.
I agree...often get blinded by ppl wearing Tigas....cant see fekk all for 5 minutes! lol

·
Registered
694 Posts
Try one of these-
Ebay no.220420221497
180 Lumens and only £17 delivered.
Ive had one a while now- 3 power modes and a great spot
although just spotted this-

Ebay no. 280373713820 which looks better still with 300 lumens and adjustable beam for £23 delivered

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I agree...often get blinded by ppl wearing Tigas....cant see fekk all for 5 minutes! lol
The Big Tiga's are popular in your neck of the woods so I hear.

I must admit I do own a Big Tiga also but rarely use now due to using the Tiga Led unit which is similar in terms of power(130 lumens) to the Apex and Lenser but with the added bonus of being able to use the power pack from my old SL12 if ever away on a long session etc.

I would only really use the big Tiga when fishing alone or fishing remote marks on the Bristol channel.

Anyway its a light and it all down to personal choice etc!

Take your pic from the lights mentioned as they can all be bought for £50 or less if you shop around (not sure if Chinese Lumens on eBay are the same Lumens that the rest of the world uses though :laugh:!!!)

All of the brand leaders in the uk have their own plus points over the others and vice versa so it is what ever suits.

This is how I would see + points for each

Apex= good battery life (4xAA's), 130 lumens, 2 power options to save power(when tip watching)

Lenser= Dimmable to suit user, focus to what beam of light you want(really liked this feature) . (only neg point would be the 3x AAA dont last long on higher power) but that said carry spares and you wont go wrong, but do bear in mind if you fish a lot in the winter you can easily add the cost of a set of batteries to each fishing trip and if you do a lot it adds up!

Tiga SL-05 = Good Battery Life (4xAA's or 6v Tiga battery pack), 130lumens, 3 brighness settings, Very robust metal housing. Battery packs on head band split into two so not as bulky.

They may all have other + or - and the above is based upon my own usage of the Lenser + Tiga and what friends have said about the Apex.

I would worry more about the bait on your hook as that what really matters.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts