World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

After not taking up a generous offer from a very kind forum member to go and help me catch my first hound i stayed local.(wish i had gone now,too slow to decide and partly as i didnt want to look stupid in front of well experience anglers,silly really as thats the way to learn i guess):bangin:

Quick summary of my recent catches from the arm.
I have avoided the beaches as it seemed like there was still a fair bit of weed coming up after i had a session on Southwick beach cut short in the week,day-time because of it.

So Tuesday :1 large Spider crab,1 Weaver and a Red Mullet,Three new brands for me.
Wednesday: 1 nice for dinner sized Sole (enjoyed it on Friday night,mmm tasty) and a Weaver
Friday:1 Weaver.

All on ragworm apart form Mr Spider who enjoyed my mackerel strip offering.

I still have plenty of various baits left and am off out tonight.
If my son ever wakes up from his knap ill try and have a look at some of te beaches and assess the weed situation as i ancy siiting on a beach somewhere tonight.

Any ideas?

P.S. Myself and Mr Mackerel got rid of the overflowing bin bag from the first bin and put a new bag in place.
Hopefully ill get some nice karma from doing that and ill be into a nice big fish later,haha,

Bye for now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too sure,all i know is its body was about 15cm across,big bugger it was.
Should have cut it up for bait.
Ever tried goldfish as bait?
Strange question but one of mine at home has just died,black bug eyed fantail thing,very pretty....nah i couldnt use it as bait,would feel bad.

You out fishing tonight anywhere Roger?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
gold fish good dead bait for bass not out fishing a match on the marina tomorrow p.s only pulling your chain about the gold fish

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck tomorrow,i wouldnt have thought it would have been any good as bait anyway.
Im going to try and get me a good bass tonight somewhere.
Wish me luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts