World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a decent place to fish this Saturday for the old bass in South Wales areas ? Im on me todd as two mates have let me down so dont know too many spots around here - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers chaps.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi tommy cardiff end is quiet as far as the bass are concerned, but i think they are doin better swansea way, blueskip or paid 4, will be better off advisin u on the bass at the moment, they will be on l8r. good luck anyway........

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate much appreciated.

Blueskip - thanks for the advice on boating out of Swansea hoping to give it a go in the next couple of weeks.

If you or Paid 4 can advise me of a decent mark for this weekend Id appreciate it - aint worried about ddriving to Swansea its not that far from Chepstow.

Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi Tommy,
Havn't fished Gower/Swansea for a while but I've heard most of the usual suspects Oxwich, Caswell, Rhossili etc are fishing well. Problem is if this weather holds they are going to be rammed. There was a post earlier about a 7 pounder being taken at Louchor so that might be worth a shot. Or, and you knew this was coming drive 10 or so miles further west and fish Cefn Sidan-plenty of room and there have been some lovely Bass taken recently and depending on a pass from 'er indoors that's where I'll be if you need directions for anywhere then just pm me

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi, paid4 is right cefn sidan is showing some bass, fished a comp last sunday there but only 2 good fish turned out a 7lber and a 4.5lber the bigger taken on half a fresh macky, as for flounder theres loads had 23 out in size myself. Your best bet would be loughor or pwll. As regards to loughor any info you need just pm me and i'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoping to fish this Thursday all day and maybe evening - anyone have any suggestions of reasonable marks that are producing ?

Reading this forum it appears there aint much happening at all at the moment !! Thought I might try the lougher estuary or Oxwich bay - can you fish both of those on low water as well as high ?

Also when the vening comes any idea of where is producing smooooothies as I aint ever caught one would like to get one this Thursday !!

Moby - check your PM mate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I reckon rhossili beach might throw up a few bass at the weekend, there's some decent surf coming, probably fish the tide up from low water

·
Registered
76 Posts
tommy a said:
Can anyone recommend a decent place to fish this Saturday for the old bass in South Wales areas ? Im on me todd as two mates have let me down so dont know too many spots around here - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers chaps.
llangennith beach or 3 cliffs bay depending on weather may produce a bass good luck to you.hopefully after this blow out a few big bass will turn up if they can escape the nets!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts