World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

im planning on changeing my type of fishing this year for the winter,,,hopeing to do alot more cliff/rock fishing in the cold weather for cod on the rough irish west coast.it is something that isnt praticed over here,so im hopeing to get into something new.i will be fishing very rough terrain with rotten bottoms etc with big bait,,,,just need a thin diameter line so i can get as much on the multi as possible

cheers brian

·
Registered
13,000 Posts
I have been fishing the east coast of Yorkshire for thirty years, with low reel seat and full pendulum. PLEASE try Sufix Tritanium before ANYTHING else.
It is the same as Penn Super Surf, and is the ONLY decent line that I have discovered.
NEVER try Red Ice. It is dreadful stuff, as I found to my cost.
Tritanium resists birds nests, but casts an absolute dream. It is the only line to consider, trust me.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I use the Ultima F1 line myself and it has a nice thin diameter compared to other lines and casts great. I use 25lb line on my reel as it is the same diameter as 20lb with other brands, check it out and see what you think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.