World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've been looking out the window today, jealous of all the lucky people getting to wet a line this weekend while I do the family thing with the outlaws!:cry::cry:
I usually pick my bait up in Swansea before fishing. I've got a place on a boat our of Swansea on the 18th August and want to pick my bait up the day before the trip. I live in Ross on Wye and don't really want to make a trip down to Swansea the day before the boat trip just to pick up some bait for the following day. Has anyone got any reccomendations for bait shops around the Chepstow/Newport areas?
It's a bit of a long shot but I hope someone can help. For the first time, I'm going to try some fresh peeler if I can get my hands on some. Otherwise, Maccie, Squid and Eel will be the order of the day.
Cheers folkes,
DD

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
If your going on a charter out of swansea marina rogerswill be open before you go out unless your leaving really early.

Dont know of any in chepstow and gary evan in newport is a long round trip for you just to get some bait!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Welsh Kev,
I usually use Rogers when I go out, but I always like to take some as well, just incase the day comes where he's closed or hasn't got what I've got. I usually have some kicking around in the freezer but have run out.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go,
DD

·
Registered
52 Posts
:fishing1:Clive at Gary Evans 01633855086 or Gareth at Rogers Tackle01792469999 are very helpfull both knock up orders over the phone and i pick up and run if im late. i am just down the road from you Raglan and ive got 4 bait freezers in the garage so if you are ever stuck out of hours give me a call 07831 805100 im down swansea usualy 2-3 times a week so could posibly pick up save you a trip
give us a call Rob:fishing1:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:fishing1:Clive at Gary Evans 01633855086 or Gareth at Rogers Tackle01792469999 are very helpfull both knock up orders over the phone and i pick up and run if im late. i am just down the road from you Raglan and ive got 4 bait freezers in the garage so if you are ever stuck out of hours give me a call 07831 805100 im down swansea usualy 2-3 times a week so could posibly pick up save you a trip
give us a call Rob:fishing1:
Hi Rob,
you're very kind. Thanks for your details. I've made a note and if I get a bit stuck I'll be sure to contact you. :bounce::laugh:
All the best,
tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts