World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on holiday in Pendine Sands with the family next week and am packing up my rod to hopefully get in a few sessions. I'm also planning to try and get the son (5) hooked.

I'd like to do some plugging for bass, and maybe catch a few mackerel to eat. I'd also like to try and take the little one somewhere where the fishing is easy and safe - day or evening.

Can anyone recommend any nearby spots, please? The rocky area at the end of Pendine Sands looks interesting, as does the bay around the corner. I've also read that Saundersfoot Harbour might be worth a try if I get some worms.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have just returned from my holiday to Pendine and received some helpful tips via PM. Thanks Salmonking.

I tried a few spots over the week and only blanked once, which was good!

Fished a cliff path at Gilman Point, Pendine, for the son's first fishing trip and he managed to get a couple of eels, which excited and terrified him in equal measures. I had a couple of tugs on the plugs but lost both of them - presumably bass. Terrible place to fish on the bottom, so eventually tried float fishing and managed a small pollack - about 1lb.

Saundersfoot harbour was the best spot for me. Lots of mackerel here, which were good fun on my light tackle. Son caught a tub gurnard and a flounder. Also tried Pendine Sands itself using some fresh mackerel at close range on high water. One massive bite, which resulted in nothing, but entertaining nonetheless.

Cracking part of the world. Really wish I lived closer to it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts