61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
Nice pics fella:thumbs:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Excellent pictures, lovely fish. Good to see the catch and release.

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
Excellent pictures, lovely fish. Good to see the catch and release.
Waste of a couple of big fillets but fair play to the bloke he caught it so its entirely up to him what he does with it.:thumbs::fishing1:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Waste of a couple of big fillets but fair play to the bloke he caught it so its entirely up to him what he does with it.:thumbs::fishing1:
I would of sorted it out tom.:yeah::yeah::yeah:.the kids would of loved it.Great eating for christmas.:thumbs:

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
I would of sorted it out tom.:yeah::yeah::yeah:.the kids would of loved it.Great eating for christmas.:thumbs:
LOL You shouldnt feed your kids fresh line caught bass marty,tis a crime to actually kill bass and eat them,these boys would much rather you bought fish from the supermarket that have been trawled.I can see it now,on the way back from a hard days torturing and releasing bass on bitso plastic,stop in at the chippy for cod and chips.:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
792 Posts
LOL You shouldnt feed your kids fresh line caught bass marty,tis a crime to actually kill bass and eat them,these boys would much rather you bought fish from the supermarket that have been trawled.I can see it now,on the way back from a hard days torturing and releasing bass on bitso plastic,stop in at the chippy for cod and chips.:clap::clap::clap:
No cfish stop at a restaurant and have a bowl of shark fin soup :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
No cfish stop at a restaurant and have a bowl of shark fin soup :clap::clap::clap:
LOL Carry on,doesnt bother me in the slightest,i would personally practice c&r with sharks but thats my own decision and if someone else wants to do a bit of finning and release then thats there decision.

·
Registered
792 Posts
LOL Carry on,doesnt bother me in the slightest,i would personally practice c&r with sharks but thats my own decision and if someone else wants to do a bit of finning and release then thats there decision.
lol perhaps i'll put some pictures of finless sharks on my avatar.

·
Registered
22,521 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Axi - quite. He's just winding us up - it's his day job sitting on this forum waiting to pounce. Great fish that - and fantastic to see it swim away.

Pity you put that 6lb Brown Trout back cfish. Waste of a lovely eating fish

In fact it probably wouldn't survive anyway - I heard they weren't very hardy.

You should have kept it mate, someone else will just hoik it out and eat it so you might as well keep it yourself. No point putting them back if someone else is going to kill it. What kind of thinking is that! :unsure:

·
Registered
43 Posts
May I recommend WSF's excellent "ignore" function for persistant irritating posters...
I'm only worry about newbies taking the wrong direction. Anyone should be free to post but some comments are banned in the forums that I normally visit. I mean the user is banned for ever Why? because it's agains the sport and forums rules.

I use to take all the fish in the past but I was not making any impact as my catch were maximum 2 or 3 fish a year :cc_surren. As soon I started to release some fish Neptune prize me with more captures. I don't know maybe it's a Karma but it works for me for and in 2009 I had C&R 90% of my captures. I had a good fish that I decided to take it home but a 7.7lb Seabass it was too much fish in the freezer. What's the point to frozen a fresh fish.. I'm agree I will take in the range of 3lb fish maximum for now on.

I can't stop watching my last fish again and again...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn9aCLDZnuw

·
Registered
255 Posts
I decided to take it home but a 7.7lb Seabass it was too much fish in the freezer. What's the point to frozen a fresh fish.. I'm agree I will take in the range of 3lb fish maximum for now on.
I agree. After 5/7lb or so they're females and they really don't taste as sweet. And more importantly, make more bass for the next year.

3lb is justified as not too young but still a meal on them for a couple of people. Or me as I'm a fat hungry *******!

I think my biggest was about 8lb from Ogmore and it went straight back. Didn't even leave the water. I'd been spinning all day and it went for a bit of Peperami with squid tip on my uptide rod just dumped in the pool at the top before the bend

·
*BASS LURE GURU*
10,328 Posts
I agree. After 5/7lb or so they're females and they really don't taste as sweet. And more importantly, make more bass for the next year.

3lb is justified as not too young but still a meal on them for a couple of people. Or me as I'm a fat hungry *******!

I think my biggest was about 8lb from Ogmore and it went straight back. Didn't even leave the water. I'd been spinning all day and it went for a bit of Peperami with squid tip on my uptide rod just dumped in the pool at the top before the bend
totally agree mate , any thing over 5lb takin , you have to be thinking female fish , and what she could give back the following year :fish::fish::fish:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would like to think i would release a very big one, but im not sure i would,
i like to take one for the table every now and again, so if the fishin has been good, prob would leave a record fish go , as the smaller ones make for a better dinner. as a freshwater fisherman been leavin salmon and trout back all season but i know fellas who have given up fishin because they cant bring a fish home. personaly fishin is more than a dinner for me, i love the sport, but each to there own

61 - 80 of 103 Posts