World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, fished Aberthaw last night/early hrs this morn with TiggerF1 UK who hasn`t fished there before. We fished an hr down to low water and 3hrs up. On arrival of the mark conditions were perfect for Smoothound with the sea being flat. 1st couple of casts were fruitless. And after my last last session there I was expecting the action to begin immediately. Then I thought I`d try half a crab on a 2/0 hook at the start of the flood to see if more distance was needed. I was right ! In no time a smoothie of about 7lb`s came in.
2 casts later I had an allmighty bend and pulldown on my tip which just stayed there before the rachet began to scream and line peeled off my reel as it were being cast. A fab battle followed and after a while it came into the shallows. I asked Tony (TiggerF1 UK) to wade in to grab it for me. But when he saw it he s**t himself and refused to, and yelled it`s f***ing massive :roll1: as he`d never seen a big hound before. So he held my rod and I grabbed it. And big it was. But it was much less lively and didn`t thrash about like the smaller 1`s do. The bigger they are, the lazier they are, as they say !
Anyway it was a Common smoothound and it went 16lb 5oz on my Berkley scales. Which better`s the current Welsh shore record yet again, as it has been by quite a few over the years. Not as big as zac`s though...that was an awsome catch :victory: But what I have achieved now though is doing the double. I beat the record on the boat in 2002 with a Common hound of 23lb 8oz and now on the shore aswell. Great feeeling it is too :drunk:
2 casts later I had another cracker. A starry hound of 13lb 3oz to finish a memorable session. It`s sessions like this which keep us all in the game isn`t it and makes you return to the mark/s time after time year in year out.

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And congratulations to Anthony (TiggerF1 UK) on breaking his aberthaw virginity in style and got what he came for :drunk:. Well done butt :punk:

Attachments

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Superb fishing m8, well done :thumbs:
I was gonna hit Aberthaw (my local mark) this afternoon, but counted my leads(5) and didnt bother, lol.
I daresay it'll be busy over the weekend now though, so I'll go down n take a looksy on Sunday n Monday n see what I can pick up :spiteful:

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
It`s sessions like this which keep us all in the game isn`t it and makes you return to the mark/s time after time year in year out.
If only i had sessions where double figure fish appear whilst shore fishing:banghead:

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Well done fella

There seem to quite a few big big hounds about this year!!!

aint had a real go at them myself this year......yet lol...i'm sure I'll have a session for them sometime this month

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice sesh - cracking fish! :clap:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
Well done rhydrod, thats an awesome common, (and the starry is a tidy hound too) and a big da iawn to your mucca, for catching his first smutt,, Tight 'uns,, Marc..:thumbs:

·
Registered
506 Posts
hell of a session and a fantastic report mate!

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
One outstanding session and an excellent report with good photos. You can feel pretty chuffed . I know I would.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts