World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just caught 3 mackeral and a bright red eel type fish.i have just found it on the internet it was a red band fish.it was about 3 foot long.has anybody else caught one of these.i put mine back alive but did get a pic of it on my phone.i will try to post the pic

·
Registered
696 Posts
a fisherman bought one into work last year for identification, i work at a fish whlesalers. they are quite common around the bristol channel, and are normally caught in nets or pots. What did you catch it on? And if you dont mind where did you catch it?

martin

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
nice one mate, thats a good one for the species list:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Only ever seen one caught out of Falmouth by a mate of mine. I was told by Lance Peters that they usually live in small burrow's/hole's in the mud. Your's was a whopper! at three feet long must have weighed at least 1.5lb?

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
My mate Tim had one from the West Rutts off Plymouth last summer.

It was mid water strangely enough and fell to maccy baited feathers. He posed for a photo (Tim should have worn something other than red mind!) and then went back.

Sorry the photo is blurred but I hadn't cleaned my lens.

·
Cliff Dangler
2,576 Posts
Weird looking things mind aint they, still a laugh to catch no doubt!

Ben
Weird is right!!!!

When he caught it and presented it the result was a chorus of... "What is THAT!?!?!?!"

Ha ha ha. Had to look up when we got back. What the picture doesn't show is how colourful it was. Reds, oranges, purples. I think the bright sun made it more spectacular.

I reckon it's one species I'll never be able to claim so well done kuhn123 and at 3ft it must have been a beaut! See if you can post a pic mate. :clap3:

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
i have just caught 3 mackeral and a bright red eel type fish.i have just found it on the internet it was a red band fish.it was about 3 foot long.has anybody else caught one of these.i put mine back alive but did get a pic of it on my phone.i will try to post the pic
they are quite common for this time of the year , had some off the eddystone reef a few year ago .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts