World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well went out of red bay and caught mackrel, 6 doggies, 1 dab, 1 haddock, 2 whitting and 1 grey gurnard. good selection but nothing big. was forcast for light winds but turned out to be very windy.

Registered
was spinning for them, with various different lures, the one that worked best was a life like sandeel. [dont know its real name] but ordinary wee jelly worms were working too. you been at red bay again, i hope to get up either mon or tue this week if the sea stays calmish

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heading to donegal this w/end (not fishing) but i'll hit red bay the next w/end. i'll let you know how i do :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im in a dell quay fisher 15. its a white boat with a cuddy and a 6hp mariner. theres usually 2 of us out in it, me and my da.

Registered
Fergal

I went up to Waterfoot last Sunday for a run in the car but had the trouble and strife with me so couldn't fish but there was method in my madness. I wondered were you would launch the boat, is there a harbour master and who would you pay if you use a slipway. Is the slipway easily accessable at low or high tide.

thanks

Bunty

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
head round towards cushendall and before you get there you'll see the lifeboat station, a caravan park and a boat yard. if you head down there you'll see the slip. you can launch at all tides and ive never been asked to pay. there is a sign with slipway fees written on it but its not enforced and ive been fishing here about three years now. its a good spot for a mixed bag of fish and i dont think ive ever lost any tackle to snags yet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.