World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just registered, great site!

i'm planning to launch my boat from cusendall soon. I know the area pretty well from fishing the shore but this will be first time out in the boat.

Where's good to go around there?

is it any good in the bay? or outside it?

andrew.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i never venture outside the bay, but thats only because ive only got a 6hp engine. those boats that do head on out get big fish. ive looked on with jealousy when they return to the peir. some day i'll get a bigger engine then i too will head out of the bay :)
seriously though, if im after cod i head to the left, till im in front of the 1st headland and maybe a mile out. i mostly use pirks and baited feathers. if im after doggies and flatties i'll head right into the bay at waterfoot or right over to the salmon cages. if you do go over to the salmon cages dont get too close as there are support chains reaching out around them. i'll anchor up and fish a few baits . you can get mackeral pretty much anywhere in the bay and whiteing when their in. good luck
ps this weekend looks pretty good

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply. I think i'll give that a go then! Will be trying to get out tomorro afternoon all being well!

andrew

·
Registered
18 Posts
good pollack to 10lb below salmon pens,good plaice on rag around them too,on further out is the cod hole,trench over 100ft deep,can give you gps marks if your interested,also along the ledges to the right facing the big pier just beyond casting distance from the road theres good variety of species over mixed ground,....heading round towards cushendun can also be productive but it can be hit and miss as with anywhere,off limerick point in the kelp is a good conger spot!!...Stephen

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah locations would be good! thanks!
What baits/tactics do you find best here for the marks you said above?

andrew.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi all, i will be leaving red bay on my boat on thursday, as im new to fishing this area i would love you to post them gps references for that cod trench, thanks in advance.
pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts