World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
You would think that the fact UK is leaving would negate any impact.

Doesn’t matter much here, we’re not in the rotten club :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Brexit will never happen, Mrs May is now proposing to Europe to delay the exit until 2021.

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
I like the way (not) they refer to Luxury Yachts - the powers that be always seem to want to paint a picture of leisure boaters all swanning around in Sunseekers rather than ordinary blokes just wanting to enjoy a hobby.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
ohhh bother! This is going to sting some.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
If Brexit delays and white diesel goes through, it will never go back :(

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
You would think that the fact UK is leaving would negate any impact.

Doesn’t matter much here, we’re not in the rotten club :thumbsup:
You can expect an influx of cruisers from Conwy filling up on cheap diesel :BigGrin:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I think its outrageous to use red diesel in boats. Any law abiding honest person just wouldn't do it! I am not jealous at all (running a 90 2 smoke lol)
:D Law abiding? All marina diesel is red. You dont have the option to buy white

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I'm not racist, I don't care if it's Red, White or Black as long as it's cheap :):):)

I don't think the PM will get the option to prolong the transition period as her own party will shoot it down in flames.

Ironically if the PM didn't need the DUP votes to get things through in the house then NI would have been hung out to dry and the Brexit deal would be concluded, I still think they should do that :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
The accepted ratio is 60/40. For a cruiser that is actually a fair split. It spends far more time at anchor running utilities than passage making. I estimate I spend a total of 3 months out of every 12 aboard an in essence it is a floating mobile home. Running a genny and heating to keep it going uses diesel. There is no shore power where I am either.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
You can expect an influx of cruisers from Conwy filling up on cheap diesel :BigGrin:
There is talk of the government clamping down on leisure use, I would have to buy it from the pump at the petrol station as not in a marina.

Or, as mains gas is relatively new here and most houses still have oil fired central heating, just buy a big tank and have it bulk delivered to home ;)

·
Registered
5,157 Posts

Or, as mains gas is relatively new here and most houses still have oil fired central heating, just buy a big tank and have it bulk delivered to home ;)
Buddy :inlove::inlove: Can I put you on my Christmas card list?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
There is talk of the government clamping down on leisure use, I would have to buy it from the pump at the petrol station as not in a marina.

The stuff you get for heating is a lower calorific content than Gas Oil & you have to add oil to it @ 20:1 to ensure cylinder lubrication

1 - 20 of 27 Posts