World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Spent the day off Fowey with sunfish43 + fek......
we were on aj`s boat "Blue" out after mackerel and launce for our shore fishing...
weather was top...no rain...not to hot and not to much rockin+rollin out there..

the mackerel were very scarce and so were the launce...
ended up with about six of each.....but that was not for the want of trying...

decided to fish mackerel strip on the bottom to see if we could find some sport...
started to pick up nice whiting and a few pollack...
then hit a run of amazing looking red gurnard....
must have had twenty or so....fantastic looking fish......
ended up with 10 species in the end....

no bait for the freezer....but a top time.....
cheers chaps....

(took several pics...so just posted them....and a vid here..)

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Great pics phil:1a: sounds like a great trip:1a:. well done

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done on getting out lads.bad luck on the macky:cry:.just starting to show again??.Great pics as always phil:1a:.Tommo's must be getting all the fish,dropped around a few bass this morning.You will have to get some tips.lol:1a:.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
It was a top time today guys despite the macky no show we still had enough bait for prob 2 sess's on the shore so job done,R 'n' R all the reds went back alive and i love eating them but how can you kill something so awesome.Thanks again guys for your company,ace.Aj.:fishing1::thumbs:

·
Registered
24,917 Posts
Nice fishing lads!!!!!!! Shame i had to work otherwise i would of loved to of just been crew on blue nevermind the fish,thats a proper boat which you dont see much these days!!!!Every boat seems to be chrome and white fibreglass.we went out this evening,had a dozen or so macky. Had a few bits and bobs at silly oclock this morning!!!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great day out there guys and the usual fab pics Phil:thumbs:, don't you just love them Gurnard for both character and colour.:sun:They certainly grunt a lot of sense.
Freezer now well stocked, we will be eating well for several weeks to come.:icecream:

·
Registered
573 Posts
R 'n' R all the reds went back alive and i love eating them but how can you kill something so awesome.
:clap3: Agree totally AJ , last time i ate one was when i was a mere youngster, these days i tend to put everything back unless its being kept for bait or is deeply hooked. That said i certainly do not begrudge anybody taking their catch for the table , each to their own:thumbs:
Catch , keep it , enjoy it if thats your wish ........if not and it goes back all the better:clap:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thanks Aje for a great day, and some lovely pics David Bailey aka Phil lol or is it more like Walter Bailey!!! Lots of fun fishing on light gear with the odd Gannet fly by and the Sunfish swim by who could wish for a better day on the water :thumbs: and the weather was with us to, heres a couple more pics.

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fekallfish/?action=view&current=Foweybernard1.jpg
http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fekallfish/?action=view&current=Foweybernard-1.jpg

Oh Phil you forgot Aj's monster :roll1:

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv163/fekallfish/?action=view&current=Ajsmonster.jpg

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
sounds a great day , its not all about big fish , sorry but i love gurnard would eat the lot.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nice one guys, cracking gurnard action and 10 species is a good tally for a day :)

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Cracking photo's !!! Those Gurners are one of the oceans finest looking fish...

Good to see a catch report from the A.J & Jules gin palace !!:boat:

Like mentioned before, the only thing to out do the Gurner colours is the famous A.J Jumper......which I believe has its own history :yeah:

A great day with a model husband and wife ...well done all.

·
Registered
462 Posts
A great day with a model husband and wife ...well done all.
Sorry Nick, I hate to disillusion you, but it was a boys day out.:shutup: I'm fine on the river, but not so good out deeper.:cc_surren

1 - 20 of 23 Posts