World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else have problems with this. Just stripped both my reels of this 20lb line only 3 weeks old and hardly used and threw it in the bin. I wouldn't use it to tie up my roses. I use fixed spool reels and never have crack offs bbut since using this line I've never had so many crack offs and breakaways. Maybe I had a spool from a bad batch but I'll never use it again

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
better to post this is in the tackle section m8 :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had exactly the same mate, about a 100 attempts to get a leader knot to hold. I've recently bought some line from here too, it's ultima stuff and I'll be honest I'm not that impressed with that either...
Ryan

·
Team Banter
4,845 Posts
I Use The Ultima F1 And Dont Have Any Problems But I Know Ragworm Ray Uses The Same Line On His Penn Mag And It Gives Him Nothing But Grief Yet We Bought It From Same Place ,tightlines Foreshore

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Ultim F1 all the way in black though. I cant ge ton with the titanium stuff always birdie / snap off with that stuff. But never had a problem with the black Ultima F1 and ive been suign it for a good 2 years now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
same here Ive been using red ice for years shore and boat with no problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have had major issues with Red Ice when it first came out some years back. 18lb would simply snap when tying knots and snap offs the same as yourself. I too put it down to a bad batch but it is obviously more than that. I now use Daiwa Sensor and it is superb. Wont use anything else.

Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad you said that because I just replaced the Red Ice with Daiwa Sensor. Obviously looking at the replies here there are people who are very happy with their Red Ice line, but enough replies have indicated that they have experienced the same problems as I have.

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
IMO - Best line out on the market is sufix tritanium... Best abrasion resistance, great knot strength and VERY limp!!!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I had the same problem with red ice, so I only ever tried it the once.

I use Ultima Powerplus or Suffix Tritanium these days, both are a decent line :thumbs:

·
Registered
913 Posts
IMO - Best line out on the market is sufix tritanium... Best abrasion resistance, great knot strength and VERY limp!!!
no it aint i use yozuri hybrid its what it say on the pack and better than everthing else i have tried that includes suffix? iuse the 12lb class line on my abus and that breaks at 19.5lb tested and approved??

·
C.T.A.C
4,909 Posts
no it aint i use yozuri hybrid its what it say on the pack and better than everthing else i have tried that includes suffix? iuse the 12lb class line on my abus and that breaks at 19.5lb tested and approved??

Don't think you'll see many peeps spooling that on their reels at the price it's retailed for i'm affraid mate!!!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Red ice = Junk!

Sakuma Nite crystal or Daiwa Sensor For the WIN!....
Gave 2 spools of night crystal away a while ago, its crap, knot strength is abysmal and only used sensor once, didnt like that much for casting, now the diawa tournament is a great line but now i only use tritanium, its awesome. Getting to the point tho the only thing i used to use was red ice, think its great and has never let me down, only reason i changed was only use clear line now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts