World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havn't bothered digging maddies for awhile anybody know if you can still get them by the shoreham railway bridge?? Not sure if digging is banned there these days.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Plenty of Goldens off Lancing beach over the past few weeks ;)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes there are, saw several caught the other eve plus the odd sole too. May have a bash tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I didn't think you were allowed to dig the river... protected area n all that?

yeah..you can dig when and where ever you like...also look out for the communial crab traps that are used on a first come first basis.

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
yeah..you can dig when and where ever you like...also look out for the communial crab traps that are used on a first come first basis.

hope that helps
Noooooo..

You can lawfully dig South of the old wooden Tollbridge,the no bait digging signs start just North of the Tollbridge.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

hope that helps
More bad information as for the traps get caught you could get hurt. . . As if theyve got communial writen on them.....lol...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Noooooo..

You can lawfully dig South of the old wooden Tollbridge,the no bait digging signs start just North of the Tollbridge.:thumbs:

what about the site of scientific interest south of the norfolk bridge ? i thought that was banned .or has it been lifted now ?

·
Registered
519 Posts
No signs down there suggesting otherwise (that said best not digging up the banks and back fill if possible).:thumbs:
I used to dig the tributary near the houseboats.. I think its legal but try not to undermine the boats !

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
also forget to mention, if you where a plain white t-shirt and print 'Commercial Bait Digger 2008' on the rear ( a magic marker should do ), then you will always be received with a warm welcome from any local. You will generally be greeted with some form of hand signal.

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,280 Posts

hope that helps
exactly the same rules as i like to apply mr crabs!!!! a free for all as you may say...............:crazy:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The crab thing annoys me... :crazy:

If you put traps anywhere in a river or estuary you surely have no claim on the trap contents unless you get there first? Unless of course you are bigger or larger in number than the first claimant?

Just because you were the stupid git who dragged god knows how many tiles/tyres/slates/<insert preferred crab trap here> through all the ****e and mud doesn't give you ownership of the crabs that decide to use them :wacko:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
The crab thing annoys me... :crazy:

If you put traps anywhere in a river or estuary you surely have no claim on the trap contents unless you get there first? Unless of course you are bigger or larger in number than the first claimant?

Just because you were the stupid git who dragged god knows how many tiles/tyres/slates/<insert preferred crab trap here> through all the ****e and mud doesn't give you ownership of the crabs that decide to use them :wacko:
On that subject..... did the 89 (yes 89) tyres get removed from emerald quay at shoreham? Apparently its a hotspot where dodgy worthing blokes hang out :crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
On that subject..... did the 89 (yes 89) tyres get removed from emerald quay at shoreham? Apparently its a hotspot where dodgy worthing blokes hang out :crazy::crazy:
did you say dodgy or doggin worthing blokes hang out?? young mr arnold are you the new river police or somin.... as for the tyres i do believe they all hav been removed officer ,so if you wanna take your turn in dumping a few there feel free plenty of space avalible!!:crazy:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Yeah they did, it took the poor sod three nights to remove them.They wasnt even his, he just got caught with his hands in them at the wrong time by the port authority and was threatened with legal action if they wasnt dug out and removed.I only know this because I live in the flats here on the river bank,and asked him what he was doing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts