World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a general question but is it worht fishing Red Wharf Bay. With the channel and all it looked quite good for flatties.
Also if you walked round out of the bay from the harbour until the coast turned north is this what is refered to as Benllech?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Hi Tozer! The bay to the North is St. Davids, I think, and looks fishy. Must be fished a lot because the big static caravan sites lie above it. Wait a bit and I bet someone off the site has a van there! (Just uploaded the map and I cannot find this St. Davids!! I've been there a long time ago and it must just be the tiny bay in the headland!! Memory!)

Agree about Red Wharf, but looks a bit dire (dogs, kids and lots of ice cream) but at least the chanel is close to shore. Great cockling beach far away across to water's edge (couple of miles - use your bike!) If you approach it from the South, at Llanddona (across the bay, South) it is fishable and I can remember lots of Black Lug across there, visible as tide rose. Is this also the fabled Razorfish site we were told about by ChrisP I ask myself??

Two great eating places at Red Wharf though has River Nile Perch there once

Overheard someone asking if it had been caught locally!!!! One helluva cast that!

Attachments

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
hi tozer i was there on sunday,lots of people there a bit overcrowded 4 me.shaggy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts