World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going down Redcliff Sat night,going to fish it from low water up until I get bored catching F*** all,my nephew has pointed out a spot he reckons is productive - I would like to break my duck for this year tho so any one out there with any inside knowledge - baits whatever,I havnt fished there forr years

·
Registered
424 Posts
fish where the red and wight cliffs met sandeel is you best bet for ray and dogfish and worm for the odd sole or place hope this helps

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Daz
I fished there years ago,have you fished there recently?Whats it like for tackle chewing,do I need grip leads?Will we be in any danger of getting cut off at top of the tide,its a 4.8 but latest f/c says no wind to speak of?

·
Registered
280 Posts
As Daz said, sandeel and mackeral for skate and possible turbot brill (usaully small)

Theres usaully beach left where the cliffs change colour even on the big tides but it will sometimes cut you off half way back along the beach, have a look for the high tide mark as your walking up there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If there is no one else too close bang out the above baits with a plain lead when tide allows so it moves slowly across the seabed finding the fish its easier than the fish finding you!!
but you will need grippers over the fast tide run of 5oz-6oz

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
snoopy, why don't you give Paul at Sandown Scotties a ring, he will know if anything is coming in at the cliffs

john

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey
thanks for the input guys,going to fish Sandeel/Mackeral on one rod and a lug/rag cocktail on t,other ,will let you know how it goes on Monday - Clive.P.S Will give Jacko a bell and feel him out,he is a lot more helpful than the Newport crew!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all this input(again)ive spoken to Jacko at Scotties as well,quite looking forward to the trip now,weather still looking good,no moon,Paul says its tackle friendly,good chance of a sole with the abscence of the moon methinks and daz has informed me one was taken down there last week(bit early?)Anyway watch this space Monday,hoping for at least an LSD.........thats not the hallucigenic either!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for all this input(again)ive spoken to Jacko at Scotties as well,quite looking forward to the trip now,weather still looking good,no moon,Paul says its tackle friendly,good chance of a sole with the abscence of the moon methinks and daz has informed me one was taken down there last week(bit early?)Anyway watch this space Monday,hoping for at least an LSD.........thats not the hallucigenic either!!!
By no means early for them getting them down there 6 weeks ago, think the first wave of them was netted out by one of the bays lovely thoughtful commercial tits with his 100's of yards of nets splattered ALL around the bay, wont be long before there is nothing left for the beach angler here...................
He doesnt seem to be able to net right up redcliff but his nets have definatly had an affect on surrounding areas.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nick
i wonder if that was the reason Seaview fished so poorly last weekend,three rods loaded with prime cocktails of lug and rag(fresh dug by muggins)fished three hours up and two down......not a bite,Ive never known it to be that poor,wonder if its been netted,I have seen them coming well inside the pier(Ryde)trawling Players and Fishbourne!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nick
i wonder if that was the reason Seaview fished so poorly last weekend,three rods loaded with prime cocktails of lug and rag(fresh dug by muggins)fished three hours up and two down......not a bite,Ive never known it to be that poor,wonder if its been netted,I have seen them coming well inside the pier(Ryde)trawling Players and Fishbourne!
well well well netted for plaice and thornbacks off the bank just short of seaview the whole area is subjected to a daily rape its sad the only time its good is when they go off targeting other stuff or it too windy to leave nets out!!
I have had a few rays already up red cliff so dont be too disheartened!
good luck

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick
when you go down there do you park the motor up in the holiday camp or at Yaverland?Ive never used the Holiday camp but apparently tis easy access to the beach and you are half way there.....saves my 53 year old legs doing to much work especially when the expression "travelling light"doesnt exist in my dictionary,could be three of us going down there Sat night now

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nick
funny how seaview players and fishbourne WERE good plaice spots!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts