World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished two hours down and three hours up over this evening's low tide just east of the sluice. Two codling, each around a pound and a half (both returned), one other that fell off on the way in and lots of other bites that I failed to connect with. I was using rag and blow lug. There certainly seemed to be plenty of codling still out there - though it would have been nice to catch something big enough to bring back for my tea!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Fished two hours down and three hours up over this evening's low tide just east of the sluice. Two codling, each around a pound and a half (both returned), one other that fell off on the way in and lots of other bites that I failed to connect with. I was using rag and blow lug. There certainly seemed to be plenty of codling still out there - though it would have been nice to catch something big enough to bring back for my tea!

Niceone,good session with plenty of bites. :clap3:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Nice session mate theres alot of those small codling around hope its the start of the spring run tight lines

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi there johnb i was fishing the other side of the sluice last night with a m8 i ended up with 2 codling as well both of them comming to rag and lug one about 1.5lbs and one at 2.5 lbs both returned as well .There must have been a few small fish about with all the bites going onhit it once then nothing but what a night for it flat calm and not to cold , my m8 had a few knocks but nothing to show for it always next time ant

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Welsh geezer,

Was that your green car (peugeot?) parked up by the fence when I arrived or did you and your pal come along later? Mine was that filthy old Citroen estate parked down at the bottom of the sea wall.

I've only fished at Redwick over the last three seasons but last night was easily the nicest night I've had down there - so calm and you could almost get by without a light with all that moonlight. Great to be out fishing on a night like that!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi Welsh geezer,

Was that your green car (peugeot?) parked up by the fence when I arrived or did you and your pal come along later? Mine was that filthy old Citroen estate parked down at the bottom of the sea wall.

I've only fished at Redwick over the last three seasons but last night was easily the nicest night I've had down there - so calm and you could almost get by without a light with all that moonlight. Great to be out fishing on a night like that!
Hi johnb not the green car m8 mine was the white with a hint of cow crap ford , and yes m8 your right what a night it was ,i we called it a night about 12.30ish

·
Registered
347 Posts
role on the sole and bass when it gets warmer again saying that me mate fished the channel clevdon side had sole there last week to 2lb so there are about

1 - 7 of 7 Posts